Skip to main content
Question

had to reset my wifi password

• 29 May 2024
  • 4 replies

I had to reset my WiFi password cause we think someone hacked our system and was using our WiFi.  

As you know, all our Sonos are now disconnected, which is like 7 rooms of speakers.  There surely is a way to reset the password in the app?  

Online is telling me I have to do a factory reset on all speakers?  Which would be over 20 speakers for me..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Nels 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Let’s not factory reset yet. Which model SONOS players are you using?

Refrain lfrom updating anything until we get a better idea of your situation.

I have Sonos products in about every room in my house.  Sonos 1s, sonos5s, both models of subs, arc, beams, outdoor speakers linked to Sonos amp.  

.  There surely is a way to reset the password in the app?  

Online is telling me I have to do a factory reset on all speakers?  Which would be over 20 speakers for me..

Nels, unfortunately the new app is so half baked that they didn’t even include the ability to edit wifi networks. The procedure now is to factory reset and then set up as new. But this will delete all your data, Sonos playlists etc.