Skip to main content

Ha anyone else given up on the new Sonos app?

• 7 June 2024
  • 2 replies

“Something went wrong. Try again.” Seems to be the only thing the Sonos app does anymore. I see that comment every time I try to play something, no matter if it is Apple Music or Sirius, etc. I have given up on the app and just do it directly from whatever music app I want to the speakers. I plan to take a break trying and try again after three or so more updates to the app.

I also have been speaking to someone on the Sonos help, and after a few diagnostic tests all they could say is do a factory reset of all of my speakers? Seriously!?! 😖

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

For me it is crawling forward but the App is slow and keeps saying my system is not found only to find it on a restart.

As Sonos have indicated by their actions, the only way is forward. Updates seem to be scheduled for Tuesdays so maybe check in once a week to see how things are progressing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I also have been speaking to someone on the Sonos help, and after a few diagnostic tests all they could say is do a factory reset of all of my speakers? Seriously!?! 😖

That is especially wrong because not only does it not help (the app is the problem, not the speakers, proven by using the Desktop app instead) but the app is unreliable at creating new systems right now. Shockingly poor advice.