Skip to main content

Ever since the big app update, I have not been able to group my three speaker zones.  I have a Play 1 stereo pair and a play 1/playbar surround sound set up attached to a tv.  Anyone else have this issue?

Is there an error message?

Yes. “Unable to connect. Try again later”. 

When does this error appear? As you open the App? After the App has been sleeping for a while? When you try to play in a Room? Only when you attempt to Group?

Only when attempting to group. 

Try changing the Group membership and the order that you build the test Groups. ie. 1-2, 1-3, 2-3, 2-1, 3-1, 1-2-3, 2-3-1, etc. The first player in the Group becomes the “Group Coordinator”. All network traffic for the Group flows through the Group Coordinator. Likewise the Left speaker of a pair is the pair’s Coordinator. Obviously, a soundbar will be the Coordinator for a surround Room. If the Coordinator is struggling for connectivity, play will suffer.

Turns out one of my play 1s needed a firmware update. Problem solved. Thanks for your help. 

I’ve seen similar. I think that a general query goes out: “who needs an update?”. If a unit is slow responding for some reason it will not make the list. It’s not well defined what will happen when the system later stumbles across this stale unit.