Skip to main content
Answered

grouping playbar with the rest of my sonos speakers

• 2 December 2023
  • 5 replies

I have a playbar, sub, 2x play1 and 2x roam. For some reason I can’t get the playbar to group play with anything anymore. 
please help 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Maybe try a reboot of both your modem/router and Sonos devices and bring them back online in this order, one device at a time (let the device boot, settle & connect, before moving onto the next device)… 

• Modem/Router
  • Wired Sonos devices
  • Wireless Sonos devices (nearest first and then the next nearest)…
  • Other devices

See if that works for you. If not then it maybe best to submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter.

One perhaps odd question…do they all show up in the Sonos controller at the same time?

Thanks for that I will give this another go. 

Maybe try a reboot of both your modem/router and Sonos devices and bring them back online in this order, one device at a time (let the device boot, settle & connect, before moving onto the next device)… 

• Modem/Router
  • Wired Sonos devices
  • Wireless Sonos devices (nearest first and then the next nearest)…
  • Other devices

See if that works for you. If not then it maybe best to submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter.

One perhaps odd question…do they all show up in the Sonos controller at the same time?

Yeah they all show up in the app. When I select group and attempt to group I get a spinning wheel of death like it’s trying to and then it say can’t connect try again later. Then the play bar stops working all together…. This happens every single time I try to group them

That’s certainly odd, and shouldn’t be happening. I’d definitely second @Ken_Griffiths suggestion at this point.