Global Player

• 29 December 2023
  • 3 replies

I am a new owner of a Sonos one SL and just setting it up and getting used to it.  
Amongst other things, I have loaded Global Player.  Via the Sonos app there are many “items” but one of the podcasts that I sometimes listen to, “The Rest is Politics”, is not listed, whereas it is there if I look on the Global Player app directly.  I notice (on the Global Player app) there are a number of other podcasts that begin “The Rest is ….” Eg Football, Entertainment, History. None of them seem to be available through the Sonos app.

Can anyone shed any light on this please?  Am I looking in the wrong place perhaps?
Much appreciated 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I wouldn’t expect you’re looking in the wrong place, per se, but much more likely that this company that runs ‘Global Player’ doesn’t publish all their content to the Sonos plug in. You may want to reach out to them directly, rather than Sonos, as each streaming company is responsible for what shows up in their stream on Sonos. My imagination suggests it may be a rights issue, but that’s merely a guess. 

Thanks very much for your reply. I will ask them.

Richard 

I used to be able to listen to TRIP on Sonos until late last year, then it stopped working. Would be great to hear what GP said.