Skip to main content
Question

Getting rid of Sonos

• 20 May 2024
  • 6 replies

I just upgraded all of my old Sonos gear and now have 6 brand-new Port units and one brand-new Move 2 unit.  Now that Sonos has delivered an absolutely horrible app that ruins the user/customer experience, I’m getting rid of everything.  It’s all unusable. 

Shame on you, Sonos.😡

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

The company doesn't help.

Something is very wrong

Userlevel 2

The new App STIINKS and now to add insult you want to charge for it. Regress me to the old familiar app that had the advantage of being free and WORKING

The new App STIINKS and now to add insult you want to charge for it. Regress me to the old familiar app that had the advantage of being free and WORKING

Charge for it?  Sonos doesn’t charge for their app.  Whatever app you are seeing a charge for, it’s not the Sonos app. 

FOR YEARS I STREAMED SPACE DREAMS URL FROM Di.FM. I USED THE "TUNEIN" APP... NOW TUNEIN WANTS TO CHARGE EXTRA FOR THE SERVICE.

ALSO I RECENTLY WAS FORCED TO ACCEPT THE NEW SONOS UPGRADE..

OMG WHAT A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!

ITS LIKE LOOKING AT AN APP DESIGNED FOR CHILDREN..

VOLUME DOESNT WORK...CANNOT  LOAD DI.FM EVEN WITH THE TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION FROM TUNEIN.

ITS TIME TO SELL MY 8 SONOS PRODUCTS.. 

CHANGE SOMETIMES IS NOT GOOD. 

STOP FORCING YOUR R&D DEPARTMENT TO CONSTANTLY INNOVATE. BE SATISFIED WITH A GOOD PRODUCT AND LEAVE IT ALONE.

I WORKED FOR COX COMMUNICATIONS FOR 16 YEARS ..SAME STORY. DISASTER IN THE NAME OF PROGRESS TAG THE PET TRACKER COMPANY WAS THE SAME WAY. AT FIRST A GREAT PRODUCT...THEN.. EMPLOSION IN THE NAME OF PROGRESS .

I know what youre thinking....not sonos fault that tunein now charges for premium... napster ,deezer, amazon music, audible...etc has a stand alone link via sonos...hell, even hearts of space!

How about a stand alone link to DI.FM.

WHAT SAY YOU SONOS?

All the innovation in the world wont save you if youre constantly trying to reinvent the wheel...fire will and should be hot... you cant change everything and expect it to all be better. Dump your R&D DEPARTMENT AND ALL THE OTHER WHISPERS IN YOUR EARS FOR THE WINDS OF CHANGE. AND CONCENTRATE ON WHAT BROUGHT PEOPLE TO SONOS IN THE FIRST PLACE ....A WORKING PRODUCT! YOU MAY BE A SMALLER COMPANY BUT YOULL SAVE BIG$ BY NOT MAKING SO MANY ENEMIES. GENERATIONS WILL BUY YOUR PRODUCT...INSTEAD OF SALES DISASTER.

YOU HAD A GREAT PRODUCT....KEEP IT THAT WAY.