Gapless playback issues after 15.2 update

Show first post

95 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks for the update Corry, it’s good to know that it’s actually recognised as an issue by Sonos.

I’ve held off updating my setup to the new Eras due to this issue.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Sorry to report that Version 15.8 does not solve the issue on my test album, Abbey Road (2019 Mix) on Apple Music.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Seriously Sonos team, how hard is this to fix? It has been quite a few months now!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

15.8.1, still broken. 

I’ve been finding AirPlay with the Apple Music app more reliable these days and I’m not using the Sonos app anymore. No issues with gapless with the AM app. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

15.8.1, still broken. 

I’ve been finding AirPlay with the Apple Music app more reliable these days and I’m not using the Sonos app anymore. No issues with gapless with the AM app. 

The issue isn’t that. The issue is that the only way to get Dolby Atmos support from Apple Music via our Sonos speakers is through the Sonos application. I can AirPlay all day long to my speakers without issues but if I want Atmos I have to use the Sonos app to an Atmos-compatible speaker.

Badge

Waiting for this fix too.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Starting to think it’s Apple’s fault, and the only solution is to sell your Sonos and buy a HomePod, typical Apple dick move

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Starting to think it’s Apple’s fault, and the only solution is to sell your Sonos and buy a HomePod, typical Apple dick move

Then why isn’t there an issue using Airplay and the Apple app?

Because then you’re using Apple’s player, and Apple’s own servers that don’t have the Sonos SMAPI on them?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Another month, another Sonos release without a fix. 15.9 does not provide gapless Atmos playback on my test album in Apple Music, Abbey Road (2019 Mix). Maybe they’re saving it as a Christmas present.

If this is something that Sonos can’t do anymore because of whatever the reason (Apple shenanigans included) they should let folks know.

Userlevel 1
Badge

😥

Badge

Same issue here. This recording of Beethoven 's 5th piano concerto, 2nd movement, is supposed to flow gaplessly into the 3rd movement. The slight hiccup between the tracks spoils the musical intent of this composition.

#NowPlaying "Piano Concerto No. 5 in E-Flat Major, Op. 73 "Emperor": II. Adagio un poco mosso" by András Schiff on @Sonos 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Really not happy with the lack of any kind of meaningful feedback from Sonos, my Era 300’s are up for sale, am jumping ship.  They’ve had enough time to raise this with Apple, I bet they simply haven’t bothered.  Don’t buy Sonos folks

Userlevel 2
Badge

Really not happy with the lack of any kind of meaningful feedback from Sonos, my Era 300’s are up for sale, am jumping ship.  They’ve had enough time to raise this with Apple, I bet they simply haven’t bothered.  Don’t buy Sonos folks

Agreed, I used gapless for white noise (I would repeat a single track). This hasn’t work in forever, now I have been using “Sonos Radio HD” which already sucks cause they only offer 3 free tracks (yeah i’m not paying for this service just for white noise). On top of that there is a stupid announcement every time I launch the track, now lately there is an obnoxiously loud ad that runs before i run it.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Another update, another disappointment SMH

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Corry P any progress on this? A few months ago you shared this was being looked at and a fix would be in place “soon.” Has that changed? 

Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @hobaSound & @Eclipse83 

Our expectations were that this issue would be resolved with yesterdays update. If you are still experiencing this issue after installing yesterdays update, please recreate the issue on your system and submit a support diagnostic, replying here with the number given and we’ll take a look for you.

Thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @hobaSound & @Eclipse83 

Our expectations were that this issue would be resolved with yesterdays update. If you are still experiencing this issue after installing yesterdays update, please recreate the issue on your system and submit a support diagnostic, replying here with the number given and we’ll take a look for you.

Thanks.

I will admit, when i put a gapless song on repeat, it does act differently than is has the past several months.

For my what happens is it will get to the end of the song/track and just continue (past 0.00 minutes) then after about 5 or so second it will do the normal gap and start back at the beginning.

Has anyone else tried it out since the update?

Userlevel 1
Badge

It is fixed

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

It is fixed

What album are you using to test this? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

It is fixed

Danny Tenaglia GU45, John Digweed #26, Balance 031 Tim Green.. it’s fixed!

Userlevel 2
Badge

It is fixed

Danny Tenaglia GU45, John Digweed #26, Balance 031 Tim Green.. it’s fixed!

def, not fixed for me for how i use it…. Glad its working for you though

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

RENAISSANCE by Beyonce on Apple Music is working perfectly. I think my aforementioned Beatles album isn’t working because of an  issue. ie; If i play the beatles album directly on my mac it still has a gap. weird. 

Thanks @Corry P !

Badge +2

Hi @Corry P 

I’m definitely still having the issue on some of my speakers, everything is fine on Play:1s but Ones, Beam & Port still have the issue.

I’ve submitted a diagnostic 432546941

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Adam 

Thanks for the diagnostic - I will forward that to the engineer in charge of this specific ticket. We were waiting on customer verification on this issue, so the ticket remains open.