Skip to main content
Question

frustrated with new app

• 13 June 2024
  • 4 replies

This new platform is nothing but HOT GARBAGE, well played Sonos, your software engineers made it less intuitive/efficiant… if you don’t rectify this tire fire within the next week or so, I am going to pledge allegiance to the WiiM > better, DAC, More Integrative options, and cheaper. Take note, you guys are losing this battle and I’m over it. Worst idea ever, good luck with your ace product. I mean Duke,  I mean ACE.

severely irritated long time, customer…

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I have no issues with the new app, so If you intend to sell your devices at a good discount, I’ll take a few pieces off your hands.

But, do you have a request that you need help with or are you simply here to rant?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

This new platform is nothing but HOT GARBAGE, well played Sonos, your software engineers made it less intuitive/efficiant… if you don’t rectify this tire fire within the next week or so, I am going to pledge allegiance to the WiiM > better, DAC, More Integrative options, and cheaper. Take note, you guys are losing this battle and I’m over it. Worst idea ever, good luck with your ace product. I mean Duke,  I mean ACE.

severely irritated long time, customer…

Well that’s told them, hasn’t it? I’m sure they’ll get the updates to us much quicker now. 

Regrettably, I’m in the uk so I’ll not be able to take advantage of your give-aways if they don’t listen to your threats. 

Ahh yes, the “less intuitive/efficient” rant.  Also seen in the threads complaining about the last time the app was overhauled, and the time before that, and the time before that, and each time the request was to return to the old app which previously garnered the exact same complaints when it was released.

@nik9669a 

Nick, put down your bangers and mash and understand these are not threats, these are facts. When a new app is forced on the end user that is clearly being pushed to get it out to the market prior to actually Beta tested because of budget, I tend to believe that this is a low rent process and don’t want to be involved. I’m in no way retailer for any media streaming device. I have just been lucky enough to lay my hands on a WiiM pro+ and thoroughly enjoyed the platform and the ease of use. I’ve been troubleshooting Sonos for 13 years so I pretty much I’ve been with them from the beginning and think this is rushed and not well planned. Luckily, we have a free country over here and we’re allowed to voice our opinions which are open for comments. God save the king and You’ll never walk alone.