Fixing the library error code 913 for Windows users!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

So a big thanks also to “helpingiskind” @HelpingIsKind 

So as far as windows users go, sorry not sure about iOS users here, but the crucial things after updating the windows app for W10+, you need to turn on “Advanced Sharing” in windows, and make sure that your music library whether it’s stored on a NAS or just an ext usb drive, or internal drive is added to your library. So this is the example that helpingiskind gave:

Please right-click on the Music Folder > Properties > Advanced Sharing > Add Sonos Wireless HiFi System to Read/Write:

Then go to Sonos settings on your laptop and add “My Music folder” and it will sync.

Because the android app is terrible, I rolled back to the version 78 and found the .apk for that and then the app works like it’s used to and marries to the W10 controller app nicely….which has also caused the update issues along with the apps for android/apple to be very annoying!

Good luck and lets hope the next update from Sonos makes things nice n easy for everyone..

Hope this helps everyone and thanks to everyone elses ideas across this forum!

79 replies

Userlevel 1

GSatt, this one, my library is on the same pc as the Sonos controller. 

Pregunto a GreginVail qué solución es a la que usted se refiere?

All the answers (that I understand) here are not working for me - very frustrating. I am running Windows 7  with two Play 1s and a SONOS Move, all was fine, now I get the 913 error. I have shared ‘My Music’ (and just about every other directory) as read/write to SONOS and still get knocked back with the 913 issue.

Am I missing something fundamental here?

Surely my sonos system cannot be redundant or dead.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I added music to a new sub-folder (under the music folder) today and Eror 913 came back to haunt me. The re-arrangement of the content of my music folder, for my Windows 11 operating system, somehow voided the previously enabled file sharing. I had to re-activate the file sharing permission for the music folder AS WELL AS the first sub-folder -- otherwise the indexing stops. Don’t ask me why.

In the meantime, Sonos has the audacity to send email to try their “seamless” new headphones.

Thanks