Fix Music Library Error 913(Mac)

Userlevel 1

add music folder

Input path: \\MacName\MusicFolderName

I hope I can help someone in need!

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I did try that, I kept getting wrong username and password.  

Here is the fix, sonos error 913 fix for mac - music library no longer working (youtube.com)

Userlevel 1

I did try that, I kept getting wrong username and password.  

Here is the fix, sonos error 913 fix for mac - music library no longer working (youtube.com)

do you have SMB sharing turned on? try it

I used the work around and it did import my iTunes library.  But it did not import my iTunes playlists. Any suggestions?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Worked even when re-adding a NAS folder on a time capsule as shared folder in the file sharing preferences as instructed. (Note, that the new update broke that access, too). Thanks so much.

Thanks to Sonos being not capable of rolling out a proper update, I only wasted half a work day at least. Regardless of this work around, I am done for good with their products, meager support and poor software decision making.

Userlevel 1

Worked even when re-adding a NAS folder on a time capsule as shared folder in the file sharing preferences as instructed. (Note, that the new update broke that access, too). Thanks so much.

Thanks to Sonos being not capable of rolling out a proper update, I only wasted half a work day at least. Regardless of this work around, I am done for good with their products, meager support and poor software decision making.

this update rained my wonderful weekend 😕

Userlevel 1

I used the work around and it did import my iTunes library.  But it did not import my iTunes playlists. Any suggestions?

sorry i don't use iTunes playlists 

i don't know what to do 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Userlevel 3
Badge

(Sorry for reposting, was meant to go somewhere else). Update: It worked, but only temporarily. If my MacBook Pro is not running, there is no connection to the NAS. It’s weird, I can connect to the time capsule via go to in the finder menu and entering smb://[IP number|/ Since device password is enabled on my time capsule, I can do so as root user and entering the device passport. I can then run the Sonos library set up again, but am getting a 1002 error now. When looking at permissions, I cannot change the access for everyone, which is needed for Sonos to run.  So question is, why does Sonos need to have permissions enabled for everyone to run on a NAS? That’s not a secure setting. It should be able to run just as the user selected (me), no? And what about afp support, to make your products truly Mac compatible??? Spending too much time, and not being paid for… I am not working for SONOS, obviously. I am just a user!

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

As a last resort, I tried this test on my office iMac. I have two Play 1s there and, utilize a desktop controller to shoot the music to them.  Even after putting a test music folder on the internal drive (to avoid the infamous SMB/NAD issue) I too got the wrong user name and password - even after giving every conceivable file/folder sharing permission that I could find. Sonos has delivered THE turd in the proverbial punchbowl. Thanks SO much.

Nothing seems to work for me, even though I follow the steps exactly. My music is on an NAS and the Sonos app is running on a Mac Mini with Sonoma 14.5. What’s funny is that I can see my Musicserver in the Finder window, I can play music on the computer with the Vox app and I can log into the NAS admin app. But Sonos can see nothing. I was an early adapter of Sonos (20 years) and appreciated how easy it was to use. But I can see, that after years of ripping 2K+ CDs, those days are over.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Nothing seems to work for me, even though I follow the steps exactly. My music is on an NAS and the Sonos app is running on a Mac Mini with Sonoma 14.5. What’s funny is that I can see my Musicserver in the Finder window, I can play music on the computer with the Vox app and I can log into the NAS admin app. But Sonos can see nothing. I was an early adapter of Sonos (20 years) and appreciated how easy it was to use. But I can see, that after years of ripping 2K+ CDs, those days are over.

JCPJr and Anyone Else Having a Similar NAS 913 Error:

Go to this YouTube video:

I snagged this from a post that Krez56 made.  It worked for me on both of our iMacs that utilize desktop controllers. FYI: This does nothing to resolve the buggy iPhone App as I currently cannot do a thing with it.

What I did first was delete my Sonos Music Library then, following the instructions in the video, added it back in. Having the video is nice because one can pause it and implement each step in the order it’s needed.

If interested, here’s Krez56’s reddit link that contains the Youtube link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sonos/comments/1cuasf1/fix_for_libraries_on_external_drives_or_nas_on/

Now that I can play music to my speakers via my iMacs, I don’t know when I’ll be able to trust “updating” any Sonos app, either on my iPhone or iMacs.

Good luck… and thanks to Krez56 for this helpful video.

Brad

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

I see there’s an update available for the Sonos app on my iPhone? Who’s going first? I’ve got PTSD.