Skip to main content
Question

Firmware release notes??

• 22 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Where are the release notes for speaker firmware? All I see is mobile app release notes.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

All we get to see is here:

Release notes for Sonos software updates | Sonos

https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/release-notes-for-sonos-software-updates

Userlevel 4
Badge

This does not work nor does it make any sense. I do have physical Sonos boxes. They are definitely not running iOS or Android. At least that is what the release notes describe. So no information about what changes will be inflicted onto my audio system.

When running the iOS Sonos app, it tries to force me to do an update of my physical box. But it is a best practice to ALWAYS READ THE RELEASE NOTES. Particular if you happen to have purchased Sonos. But the app does not tell me what version my boxes are running, the release notes do not contain any information about what changes the physical boxes are supposed to get.

So should I break my professional ethics for Sonos? Or just sell this junk?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

This does not work nor does it make any sense. I do have physical Sonos boxes. They are definitely not running iOS or Android. 

When running the iOS Sonos app, it tries to force me to do an update of my physical box. But it is a best practice to ALWAYS READ THE RELEASE NOTES. Particular if you happen to have purchased Sonos. But the app does not tell me what version my boxes are running, the release notes do not contain any information about what changes the physical boxes are supposed to get.

So should I break my professional ethics for Sonos? Or just sell this junk?

That’s the shadiness with this company. The speaker firmware updates USED TO BE included on the release notes page. They removed them all. The CEO is a wacked out conspiracy theory nutjob who thinks keeping everything secret and hidden from your customers is a smart business move. How’s that working out in the media and with CSAT scores? He needs to be fired at this point. He’s a failure.