feature Request: remember sleep timer state

I generally use the Sonos in my bedroom to play sounds for 15 mins with the sleep timer every night. Unfortunately I can’t just press play on the Sonos because I need to login to the app to reset the sleep timer.  Prefer that the sleep timer remember it’s state (for example, 15 mins) after it turns music off.  I’ll disable the sleep timer if I want to, but having it permanent would allow me to just press play every night. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

If you have Sonos voice control installed on your Sonos product, you can play audio/set a timer using a voice instruction.

See this link:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/list-of-voice-requests-for-sonos-voice-control

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Why do you have to login to the app every time? 

To turn on the 15 minute sleep timer.

once music is playing, and the 15 minute sleep timer is used, after the 15 mins expires and the music stops, the sleep timer also disables itself (resets to continuous play for the next time play is pressed)

I’d like the device to have an option for a redundant sleep timer that can be set and maintained even after the timer expires until it is manually turned off. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

To turn on the 15 minute sleep timer.

once music is playing, and the 15 minute sleep timer is used, after the 15 mins expires and the music stops, the sleep timer also disables itself (resets to continuous play for the next time play is pressed)

I’d like the device to have an option for a redundant sleep timer that can be set and maintained even after the timer expires until it is manually turned off. 

I use the sleep timer also for same reason, but i just open the app..which is instant.

Badge +20

I use something called  SoCo - runs on a Raspberry Pi and every night continues play from a very large playlist at a set time, it also sets a sleep timer to fade off.  Totally automated but needs a little programming knowledge and the times , length of sleep timer for me are fixed.

Have not looked at it for a few years so it’s probably horribly out of date version wide and I should update it… but it’s not broke!

There’s a 3rd-party iOS App too called Soro, which is a plugin for Apple iOS shortcuts that can do this aswell and automate it for a set time each night, but there’s a slight leaning curve for that App too. A screenshot example is attached. It’s mostly drag and drop to setup a timer - so no coding is required.