Skip to main content
Question

Feature request - delete duplicate songs in list

• 14 August 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi 

I’d like to request a feature for the SONOS App (I am using MacOS) 

I often mix different spotify playlist with similar genre. However they often happen to have some same songs in them. I’d love to have an option where i can automatically delete duplicate songs in the list thats playing.

That would be really lovely. Because there’s nothing i hate more than listening to a song twice :)

Best Regards

Hi @hpagentur 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

And, thanks for your idea. I could see how this could be implemented for Sonos playlists, but for Spotify playlists specifically, I believe you’d have more success by asking Spotify to implement this feature.

I’ll mark this thread as a feature request, however, as it’s really not up to me to decide one way or the other - and, we may want to implement it for Sonos playlists anyway! Thanks, and keep the ideas coming!

Edit: I just read your post again and realised you might be adding multiple Spotify playlists to a single Sonos playlist/queue, and then want to remove duplicates - understood!

Yes that’s what I meant. I’m adding multiple Spotify playlists to the Sonos queue. Thanks a lot.

Amazon, and I think Napster/Rhapsody and possibly others, offer a top songs lists that I find mostly worthless due to them having many, many copies of the same song in various versions. It is a pain to load the playlist and try to clean it up in the queue as you can’t even sort alphabetically by title there.

Having an option for the queue (not the original list/source) to remove identical titles would go a long way to improving this situation for me. One could then save the cleaned up list if wanted.

Offering an alphabetical by song title sort would be handy in any case, it is a PITA to load a list because you know it has the song you are thinking of but then having to scroll past hundreds of “nope, not it” songs in search.