Skip to main content

on app Favorit  station becomes gray after 1 minute.

Hi @Hansendenmark 

Welcome back to the Sonos Community! And, apologies for the delay!

Sorry to hear of this issue you are having with your radio station favourite getting greyed-out in the Sonos app.

I’d like to look into this for you, but am so far unable to replicate the issue. Which station(s) are you seeing this issue with, and which radio service are you using to find the station, please?

This applies to all radio stations, but of course I mostly listen to Danish stations.  DR-P1, DR-P2 etc. Service I use is either DR-LYD or Sonos Radio/TuneIn, it has no influence.  When I start the app, favorites appear and are visible for maybe 30 seconds, then they become gray and they do not return.  If I stop the app and start the app again, they become visible again for about 30 seconds.  App is android, devices are Samsung Galaxy SE21FE Android 14- One UI 6.1 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Android 13 UI 5.1.1

The two pictures ar taken with in one minut as timestamp indicates

Best Regards 

Hans Christian Hansen 

Hi @Hansendenmark 

Understood - thanks for the details.

Please try a reset of the Sonos app: User icon » App Preferences » Reset App » Reset. When you open the app again, please opt to connect to the existing system and sign in to your Sonos account once more.

I hope this helps.

Then I tried resetting the app. Launched the app again. Selects search for existing system. App finds the system and connects. I log into account. And after about 20-30 seconds, the list with the last listen disappears and a moment later the list with Favorite stations disappears. Conclusion: No change

Hi @Hansendenmark 

Ok, thanks for trying that. I’ve asked for some help from some colleagues, but while I wait for a response, please try transferring ownership of your system to your own account: Sonos app » Settings icon » Manage » Transfer System Ownership.

Please use your existing Sonos account, and be aware that the app will ask you to register your speakers to your account once more.

I see from the screenshot you have Deezer installed - if you add a track from it as a favourite, does that also get greyed-out with the rest? If so, we can ignore the fact that it is radio stations affected so far.

I hope this helps.

Hi again

Yes, favorites from Deezer also disappear.
Transfer of ownership shows a point that I will try to describe:

If I press the Account icon (silhouette of a head) before I start the transfer, it shows that I am logged in as Hansendenmark@gmail.com,
Then I choose transfer of account
Then I get this message:
Continue/cancel
If I press Continue, nothing happens, the only way out is Cancel.
------
When installing the system, I checked my account with an email from SONO back in 2019, where I can see that I was prompted for a confirmation email: Hansendenmark@gmail.com.

Hi @Hansendenmark 

Apologies - although I was not personally aware, it seems there is an issue with System Ownership Transfer at the moment.

In addition, I have received a reply regarding the initially reported issue - we are aware of the issue and are investigating, but we do not have an ETA on when a fix might be implemented.

I’m sorry I could not help you more, but I will update this thread once there has been a fix put in place.

Hi

Okay, thanks.

But how I wish Sonos had made a voluntary transition.  At first I managed by downloading the old "brown" 16.x version via APK-Mirror and then turning off auto update.  But that solution only lasted a short time.  I have worked with software for over 30 years, I have never experienced being forced to upgrade until the next version had proven its strength for maybe up to 2 years or more.  

I recognize that it will be a huge loss of prestige if Sonos "re-releases" the old version as an alternative until the new one works 100%.  But your customers would love you and forgive you.

Tell that to your CEO Patrick Spence.