Answered

Fail to connect to controller

• 31 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Si system. New W11 laptop. Controller says can’t connect to Sonos.  More options, connect to existing system. Finds system but press done and goes back to sorry etc. Tried everything including re-installing Sonos. Can you help please

icon

Best answer by John B 31 January 2023, 12:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

In the Network and Internet Centre (assuming that still exists in W11?) is your network set to PRIVATE or PUBLIC?

Yes, it still exists, a bit modified.  A good tip. Changed to private and it works. Many thanks.

Yes, it still exists, a bit modified.  A good tip. Changed to private and it works. Many thanks.

I am glad it is sorted.  I have been caught out myself by updates to W10 that reset my network to Public from Private.

I have the same problem to connect to Sonos on a W11 PC what is a company pc. I can’t switch to a private network due the admin setting by administrator. My network is a public one. What else can be the problem?

You could install a “Travel Router”. These are designed for similar situations where hotel guests need more network support than a single device accessing the Internet. (for example a wireless printer).

I would suggest that SONOS finds a solution while it works perfect under W10. I will not invest in more Router devices only to have a connection with my PC to SONOS. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I would suggest that SONOS finds a solution while it works perfect under W10. I will not invest in more Router devices only to have a connection with my PC to SONOS. 

There is nothing for Sonos to solve here (except maybe a better error message saying “switch your network to private”, like my Windows app does). Sonos requires that your local network allows data to pass freely between devices.