Skip to main content

ETA on Sonos App Fix?

Hi, as many here, I have tons of issues with the new app update on iOS.

My 2 One SL surrounds were no longer connected in the system after the app update.

Tried running the system update, which is not possible as the Ones are not found (code 1005).

I tried unplugging, re-plugging, same with router, etc, still can’t be found.
I have been unable to remove + add them (only got them removed...). They are connected over wifi, which is of course working fine.

I am at a loss and just waiting for an app update again to fix my system and enjoy my 5.1 system.

So, did Sonos provide any ETA for fixing this mess?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

They’ve committed to adding missing features, May 21 and then more in June. But the app has a lot of bugs, things are broken and there’s no timeline for that yet. Hopefully they do so quickly, but realistically it may take months. 

Badge

So my  system won’t work for month due to their software update?

great!

My One’s are now listed in 2 seperate new rooms and I can’t connect them as surrounds to my main room where my Beam and Sub are listed. I can’t even delete the new rooms the app created…

How did none of this get tested or spotted during QA??

They’ve committed to adding missing features, May 21 and then more in June. But the app has a lot of bugs, things are broken and there’s no timeline for that yet. Hopefully they do so quickly, but realistically it may take months. 

It’s likely they the May 21 as well as the June update will come with a whole ton of bug fixes as well as the reinstated features.  That’s no consolation today of course., I get that. 

Classic example of a half ar£ed update forced upon you that breaks your current setup. @Andrew-s Sonos had better speed up their commitment as I don’t see why people should have to wait until May 21st. For a fix that broke an app that didn’t need fixing!

It’s likely they the May 21 as well as the June update will come with a whole ton of bug fixes as well as the reinstated features.  That’s no consolation today of course., I get that. 

There’s so many bugs it seems very unlikely we will be feature parity and stable as s2 by June whatever. But here’s to hoping they can get this under control so they can move on to whatever plans of improving the system they have. 1 step forward, 10 steps back atm. 

Badge

Unbelievable…

How do I delete systems / rooms from the app? 

That might help me get my surrounds working again… or not.

I guess beta testing is out the window these days. Releasing this app update with all the bugs is totally unacceptable. I lost my whole surround system in the app. Tried to call twice but the wait times are crazy. From what I read updates coming May 21st and another in June. Are you kidding me. Pull the update and let us go back to previous version. Sonos you need to get your **** together sooner than later!!

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Wow glad I’m not the only one who is having issues I just spent three hours trying to figure this out. Is there any way to roll back the update?

Badge

if you are on android yes, iOS then no.

Or if you have access to a PC and can install the Windows application