Skip to main content
Answered

Error: Unfortunately, a connection is not possible. Please try again later.

• 7 June 2024
  • 3 replies

the app says: Unfortunately, a connection is not possible. Please try again later.

when trying to add a speaker to an other group of speaker; all play together for years now;

never had these problems in the old app; seems to be a step back … ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hey @juist,

Welcome to the Sonos Community and apologies for the late response.

Sorry to hear you are unable to group your speakers as desired. The only time I have come across this particular error with grouping, was when I had a mismatch in firmware of the different devices - although the Sonos App should prompt for an update if any Sonos devices are not on the latest firmware. Could you check for updates in your Sonos App please → Update your Sonos speakers

If this is only an intermittent error, it might be worth doing a reboot of your network and Sonos devices.

Should all fail, I suggest you reach out to our technical support.

Hope that helps!

Badge

Hey Gabriel

Thx for your reply !

Unfortunately, your hint does not help; all speakers are up to date; i

in addition, the text of the error message I receive would also be very misleading; if the system has a problem with updates, a clear error message with corresponding text would be helpful - or ?

also the system used to show me by itself when a speaker needs an update;

after updating the app, my system definitely runs slower and is much more susceptible to interference than before; that is very disappointing for me !!! (my system includes about 15 different Devises)

Hey Gabriel,

Thankyou this solved my issue! 

Br

Arndt