Error Code 913 Fixed

• 15 June 2024
  • 4 replies

I’m not that computer savvy but I managed to fix my library issue. I don’t think its a Sonos issue I think its a PC issue (Windows 11). Open your music folder, right click and select properties, click on the sharing tab, click on share (not advanced sharing), in the box just type Sonos, click add, in the box below it should have added “Sonos wireless Hi Fi System, highlight that and click share. It takes a while but it finished. go back into the Sonos app and your library should pop up. Go from there. My system is working. 

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

in Hi zombiedropper,

Thanks!

That worked for me….. music directory → properties → sharing tab → share (not the advanced type) → enter SONOS → then click add  (the rest fills in as you said) → click share at the bottom to close the window out.  Then proceed with the normal process in SONOS.

I’m on Windows 10 Pro and got the 913 error.

Appreciate your help 

Mike

Thanks zombiedropper. 

Worked for me as well on windows 10.

The key is sharing tab, not advanced sharing. Then type sonos and as above noted it fills in the rest.

I am really grateful some one finally found a simple solution.

Do not understand why Sonos could not have published it.

I have tried to fix via the sharing option but still nothing can be added to the library.  Still get error 913.

I’m not sure. This fix seems to be helping some folks. Maybe there is still another permission that isn’t enabled on you PC. Make sure you are set as the administrator and all permissions boxes are checked.