Entire system stops playing intermittently.

• 21 May 2023
  • 3 replies

1 Playbar in living room

2 Symfonisk surrounds connected to Playbar

1 One in Bathroom

1 Boost 

Wifi is on Eero 6+ / 500+ mbps 

Multiple questions….

I just hooked the Boost up to solve the dropping issue. It is setup and shows in the app, but my system still shows connected to my wifi, should it be connected to the boost? And how do I do that?

Also, I get random drops while playing music streamed from Apple Music. Sometimes the system will emit what sounds like static for a minute then drop, other times the Playbar will just stop playing, then the One will stop. After a minute or two they come back one at a time, other times I have to tell Alexa to start playing again. I’ve had the internet provider out to check the system, they show no random drops in service.

I’m very new to the Sonos system, love the sound! Please help. My fiancée wants to get rid of the system, I’ll get rid of her before I drop Sonos, just need it to work well.

Thanks, Briley.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Go to Settings —> System —> My Sonos System. All of the players should show WM: 0. If not reboot the player. The router will be aware of the SONOS units, even though they will not be using the EEROS WiFi. Position BOOST at least three feet from other WiFi gadgets. BOOST should be connected to the base EERO.

In the EERO reserve IP addresses for all regular network clients. Best practice would be to power down everything, allow the EERO to reboot, then power up the network clients prior to address reservation. I know that this is somewhat messy,  but it only needs to be done once unless you reset or replace EERO.

Go to Settings —> System —> My Sonos System. All of the players should show WM: 0. If not reboot the player. The router will be aware of the SONOS units, even though they will not be using the EEROS WiFi. Position BOOST at least three feet from other WiFi gadgets. BOOST should be connected to the base EERO.

In the EERO reserve IP addresses for all regular network clients. Best practice would be to power down everything, allow the EERO to reboot, then power up the network clients prior to address reservation. I know that this is somewhat messy,  but it only needs to be done once unless you reset or replace EERO.

buzz, all the Sonos are showing WM:0. I’ll set the Eeros up as you said. 

And as I’m typing this , the system dropped again…..UGH!!!! I’m losing the battle...

Also, I was having the same issue even before I had the Eero system. The drops happened 3 times this morning, and during the drops I checked to make sure my internet is not dropping.