Skip to main content
Question

Entire Spotify Playlist Not Downloading

• 2 July 2024
  • 7 replies

The new app took away more than half of my Spotify playlists. How do you get them to download? 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Browns 899 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! And, apologies for the delay.

I have not heard any other reports of Spotify playlists being missing from the Spotify container in the Sonos app.

Please remove your Spotify account from your Sonos system, then add it again.

Remove a music service account from Sonos

Add a music service to Sonos

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Corry: the new app (on iPhone anyway) only shows the first 50 Spotify playlists.

The web app used to have this bug as well, but its been fixed there. Can you ask Engineering to back-port that fix to mobile?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @controlav 

Thanks - flagged it with a colleague. I still can’t find any documentation on it, but he was able to reproduce the issue, so it will get written-up.

@Browns 899 - It looks like it is on us to fix. In the meantime, please try using the Spotify app - you can tell it to play to your Sonos system, and should have all playlists present.

I hope this helps.

Corry,

Thanks for the quick reply and attention being paid to my issue. I did utilize the Spotify app to play my ENTIRE playlist through their devices option where all of my Sonos equipment is listed.

This is an inconvenience and hopefully you can fix my issue in a timely fashion. I’m a huge Sonos fan and own a  good number of Sonos products. I’m confident that the Sonos Corporation will develop a new and improved app that user friendly ! The app does not do justice to the incredible Sonos products I’ve purchased!

Thanks again,

Bobby Butler

Moderator Note: Removed personally identifiable information

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @controlav 

Thanks - flagged it with a colleague. I still can’t find any documentation on it, but he was able to reproduce the issue, so it will get written-up.

@Browns 899 - It looks like it is on us to fix. In the meantime, please try using the Spotify app - you can tell it to play to your Sonos system, and should have all playlists present.

I hope this helps.

I reported this same issue to Sonos after the app update months ago. Also, I’ve seen this same issue reported on this site multiple times. It’s hard to believe that Sonos is just now hearing this based on this one post. I don’t know any Spotify customer using iOS devices that can see more than 50 of their playlists. This is widespread. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @controlav 

I hope this helps.

Any update on this? Still can’t see all of my Spotify Playlists. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @a9979 

I have no progress update that I can share with you, but this issue is still being investigated. I hope this helps.