Does anyone have a good whitenoise, nature MP3?

• 9 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

We use our Sonos to play whitenoise through pandora and although this works fine normally, it can go down when my internet goes down. Unfortunately, pandora offline mode doesn't work with Sonos. 

Does anyone have a solid hour whitenoise MP3 that sounds full and good on Sonos? 

The few I found online sound very piercing and hollow on a good speaker like Sonos beam. I'm wondering if anyone has a licence free MP3 of one that I could play through my local network. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

You can search for “white noise file”. There are a variety of files available. You can edit the file to make an epic, load the track into the Queue multiple times, make a playlist that loops the track, or simply set the track to repeat. You can store the track on a NAS drive or use AirPlay 2. The “best” technique is the one that you are most comfortable with.

For home use, I’d use my NAS because it’s already setup. For portable use, perhaps in a hotel room, AirPlay 2 would be attractive, assuming that you have an iPhone.

You may be able to find the SMPTE white noise file. The one that I found annoys me a bit because there is some background noise. You might be able to find the Bink Audio files.