Answered

Disable "Update aitomatik

• 22 June 2023
  • 7 replies

I have disabled automatic update in Sonos but it does still update it self. Why does it not function?

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 22 June 2023, 09:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

As well as the speakers you need the app to not auto-update. If one updates, the others do too so that the release versions stay in sync. 

As I thought is that the update refere to the system, not the speaker.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Using the app, go to Settings, System and scroll down to System Updates. That sets for the speakers themselves but not the app. You then need to turn off automatic App Updates on your phone (and Mac/tablet/pc if appropriate). 

Ok, thanks 👍

Thanks, I have made so. Then I manually let all other apps to update. Now I have Sonos 15.3 and will have so for the rest. I found it on the net.

Thanks, I have made so. Then I manually let all other apps to update. Now I have Sonos 15.3 and will have so for the rest. I found it on the net.

Note that some updates related to Sonos and other products/services, may get released to address network security vulnerabilities, aswell as any new features - so be mindful that you maybe leaving your setup open to those things if you do not keep the software/firmware up-to-date. Just to remind you of the consequences. perhaps, if you choose to not keep those things updated.

All other apps will I let be updated manually. If there will be a problem in the future with Sonos 15.3 I can update it to latest version. Then go back to 15.3. If there still is a problem, I have to accept the missing of playing internal music.