Skip to main content
Question

Did 100 song queue limit also return with new app?

With the latest app update it seems like I can’t load playlist longer than 100 songs from AMZN playlists.  I tried with the desktop app and it worked fine.  Tried same playlist via the iphone app and it loads only 100 songs.  I know this was an issue about a year ago, but it seemed to be working fine until recently and I’m guessing it is the new app update.

17 replies

I’m having the same problem since the app update but never had it before 

Same issue since app upgrade. Is the Sonos team aware of this?  Know that they are aware of the Sleep option being dropped with the new App.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I thought I was going mad until I found this post!  I’m seeing exactly the same issue on the new app (android).  This doesn’t seem to be one of the known issues.  Another existing piece of functionality removed from the “improved” app.

Badge +1

It seems I have the same issue as well.

I’m using iOS with Apple Music. Every time I’m trying to « open » a playlist with more than 100 songs, I have the following message: « Something went wrong. Try again ».

And of course everything is working well with playlist of less than 100 songs.

I am very annoyed with this new App!!!

I haven’t advised them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

In the past, somebody would have chimed in pretty quickly along the lines of “What did Amazon/Apple say when you contacted them?” and felt the issue would be on their side.

Now, there are sooooooo many bugs (most of which are still not acknowledged by Sonos) that ‘we’ just don't know where the issue lies in this instance.

Patrick Spence, the CEO, claims to have been using the new App since the beginning of the year.  I'd love to know how he uses the App because it clearly doesn't involve local playlist or queues, local libraries and now, it seems, playlists from Amazon or Apple with more than 100 tracks in.

Sonos (from what I can see) still haven't confirmed if an Internet connection is required to use the system (even for sole local playback and interaction) despite being asked many times. This is a huge possible issue for users with poor or flaky Internet connections who are already invested in the Sonos ecosystem.

Badge

Yes. I’m having the exact same issue since Sonos rolled out the new app. Apple Music still works.

Userlevel 1

Same issue here. Similar problem to last year which was fixed but fix not included in new App release. Android will load all songs in my personal Amazon playlist but will only play first 100. If you try to select a song beyond the first 100 "Something went wrong" message is displayed. 

Unbelievable that this remains an issue. Adding any significant number of songs / playlist is a problem. What a mess.

Glad I found this (was also affected by the playlist limit last year too).  This time, I was trying to play a song that happened to be beyond 100, but got the “Something went wrong” error.

Also noticed the queue was limited in number of tracks, and experience told me to head here!

Surely can’t be a coincidence that the app updates, and new problems are introduced.  I enjoy the system & quality it has, but I can’t recommend it to anyone at the moment because it’s useability is so limited.  My daughter wanted the Roam for her birthday, but these issues put her off and told her to look into Bose or B&O instead...

Oh, and just to confirm, the problem does not exist through the PC desktop app, just (for me) the Android app.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

With today’s 80.04.04 version on iPad, tested with Amazon Music > My Music > Playlists and a playlist with 142 tracks:

Add to End of Queue > puts all 142 tracks to queue

Play Next > puts all 142 tracks to queue

Replace Queue > puts first 100 tracks to queue

Play Now > puts first 100 tracks to queue

Shuffle > puts first 100 tracks to queue

So far haven’t received any errors when playing and can select a song beyond 100 and it switches to it. Tested with having 526 tracks on the queue. But, I do wonder what’ll happen tomorrow after not using the app for hours. On Android that’s caused issues for me. The 80.04.04 Android app also plays tracks beyond 100 ok so far (that same 526-track queue).

Edit: since the Clear, Edit and Save options are missing in the Queue UI, the only way to start playing a fresh longer playlist with shuffle is to first Replace Queue with one song and then use Add to End of Queue to get all tracks added (and delete the first song). Then tap the shuffle icon in the now playing UI.

Hopefully the Replace Queue, Play Now and Shuffle would be fixed for the next release and at least Edit queue added (and multiple delete in queue implemented).

Userlevel 1

Android App. All I really want to do is shuffle my "favourites" Playlist on Amazon Music which has about 400 tracks in it. Only the first 100 are added to the queue and I'm unable to select any track beyond the first hundred.

It used to work, it doesn't now. I'm sure it's not my bloody Wi-Fi. 

All,

I wanted to give an update as to a “resolution” (work around is better term) to populate AMZN playlist of >100 songs that I received from support.  First, here is a statement about the new app and queue manipulation:  “For the new Sonos app, You can be able to view queued content, add to the queue, or "play next", but you cannot edit queue order or remove tracks and our work-around for that is you can replace an existing queue with a new queue.”   They also pointed me to this link that somewhat explains how to add the >100 songs:  https://support.sonos.com/en/article/add-tracks-to-the-queue

So, while not terribly intuitive, if you go to your playlist and select “Play Next” for the entire playlist, it will add the entire list to the end of the queue.  Great, but how do I clear the queue if I want a new playlist to shuffle?  First, select a single song you don’t mind adding to your queue and “replace queue”.  This will clear the queue and populate with only the one song.  Then, go to your >100 song playlist and select “Play Next”.  This will append the entire playlist after the first song you populated.  Then you can shuffle or play straight through.

BTW, the desktop app is much easier to you just select the >100 song playlist and click, “Replace Queue”.

Although not ideal, at least I have a way to add my entire playlist now (up to some limit I haven’t tested).

Thanks for this update srousset.

This workaround is what I needed until Sonos developers fix the issue.

With today’s 80.04.04 version on iPad, tested with Amazon Music > My Music > Playlists and a playlist with 142 tracks:

Add to End of Queue > puts all 142 tracks to queue

Play Next > puts all 142 tracks to queue

Replace Queue > puts first 100 tracks to queue

Play Now > puts first 100 tracks to queue

Shuffle > puts first 100 tracks to queue

So far haven’t received any errors when playing and can select a song beyond 100 and it switches to it. Tested with having 526 tracks on the queue. But, I do wonder what’ll happen tomorrow after not using the app for hours. On Android that’s caused issues for me. The 80.04.04 Android app also plays tracks beyond 100 ok so far (that same 526-track queue).

Edit: since the Clear, Edit and Save options are missing in the Queue UI, the only way to start playing a fresh longer playlist with shuffle is to first Replace Queue with one song and then use Add to End of Queue to get all tracks added (and delete the first song). Then tap the shuffle icon in the now playing UI.

Hopefully the Replace Queue, Play Now and Shuffle would be fixed for the next release and at least Edit queue added (and multiple delete in queue implemented).

Same issue as of 8/10/2024. Your instructions to replace queue with 1 song then add to end with full plays list worked perfectly. Software bug for sure, but thanks for the fix!

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I have an Amazon Music playlist that is 657 tracks long.  The behavior described above adds the 100 tracks with those three options.  Where it differs is when I use the options that supposedly load the entire playlist.  In my case those options load 500 tracks.  Of course it first tells me Unable to load queue.  After some time the 500 load anyway.  When I load the first track then use Add to end of queue I get 501 tracks.  First gotta’ deal with the error again.

Looks like there is no 500 track limit if I can get 501 tracks to load into the queue.  Software glitch…YES.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

This time tried an Apple Music playlist using Add to end of queue.  It put 606 tracks in after telling me Unable to add to queue.  I’m guessing that’s the actual size of the playlist.  Hard to tell with Apple or I don’t know where to look.  So variations do exist based on service used.