Skip to main content
Question

Devices keep disappearing in new Sonos app and need to keep beong power cycled.

• 26 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Since the new app was forced on everyone several of my rooms devices keep disappearing from the app. I have to power cycle my Beam over and over again or hold down the sync button on the back to get it working again. My amp for my patio disappears as well. This is ridiculous. This was not an upgrade this was a serious downgrade. Don't get me started on navigating the new app and all the features that are now gone after the update. I've been a long time Sonos customer and have always promoted it to everyone I know but with this update and the prices of the equipment that's a no go anymore. This is absolutely terrible for all customers and a total failure on the part of Sonos. Fix the app or go back to the old controller app.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

As an upgrade reboots your devices, I suspect that you are experiencing duplicate IP addresses, rather than this being an issue with the new release.  Please see my article below:

If the issue persists after following these steps, please come back and we can try something else.