Answered

Devices gone missing

• 6 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

I have a number of Sonos devices, Playbar's, Subs, Play 1’s and Beam.

Overnight a number of the devices are no longer visible on my Android app.

Then when I looked at the Windows App, it is only showing the devices that are missing from the Android app.

No matter what I have tried, I cannot get them all back in one app.

Any ideas ?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 February 2024, 06:45

View original

5 replies

Describe your network, and the device running it, please.

Try powering off all your Sonos devices, then reboot whatever router you’re using. Wait a couple of minutes for the router to come back up. Then plug back in your Sonos devices. Give them a couple of minutes to reboot, then open your controller and see if they appear. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Describe your network, and the device running it, please.

Try powering off all your Sonos devices, then reboot whatever router you’re using. Wait a couple of minutes for the router to come back up. Then plug back in your Sonos devices. Give them a couple of minutes to reboot, then open your controller and see if they appear. 

If that doesn’t fix it, please tell us what steps you tried - rather than us suggesting stuff that you then say you already tried it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Router clearly having trouble routing. My guess is the PC is connected via e.g. 2.4GHz and the phone via 5GHz, and the router is too stupid to route between the 2.4 and the 5GHz devices.

Get a router that routes correctly.

Same issue here, had to uninstall all and reinstall and still cannot get my surrounds to connect. Right before the Super Bowl! Come on SONOS…

Well that took forever and had to factory reset everything. That should never be the case in an update. Did you all test this one?