Skip to main content
Answered

deezer sub menu not working

My Deezer sub menu is not opening within the Sonos app. I have uninstalled both Deezer and Sonos: it continues to tell me “something went wrong. Try again “. Other services are working, as is the stand alone Deezer app. This is just the latest problem since the Sonos app was up(down)graded ! Has anyone else had this problem?

2 replies

Not a Deezer user myself, but would suggest (at least potentially) a network refresh. My guess would be that there is a DNS issue causing your Sonos speakers (where the app really works, not your controller) to not properly reach the necessary places on the Deezer servers. 

Try unplugging all of your Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Wait two minutes, then plug back in your Sonos devices. This will force a reload of the firmware on your router, pick up any new DNS changes from upstream, and reload the OS on the Sonos devices, as well as picking up the DNS changes and a new IP address. 

However, if that doesn’t work, I’d recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Genius! Who knew that a good power cut would work!😂. Thanks so much, 

Jacob