Deezer on Sonos

• 13 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

The info about Deezer via https://support.sonos.com/en/services/deezer  suggests that podcasts and live radio are available via Sonos.  Indeed, the current notification about Radio France leaving TuneIn & Sonos Radio states that Radio France is available via Deezer. (https://status.sonos.com/

The Deezer service has NO menu options for podcasts, or live radio - only music sources are available.  

😁

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@castalla 

That‘s right… it’s just possible to play podcasts and radio stations from Deezer app to Sonos via Airplay. 
Not sure who’s responsible for the description… Deezer or Sonos. 
I will report it to both. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Thanks for the confirmation!  

I don’t read the page in the same way that some others here are mentioning - the grey coloured box on the page is showing what’s available in the Deezer service, with an accompanying link to sign up to their service. The rest of the page shows where and what’s available via Sonos. It’s unlikely Deezer (or other major services) will give everything to a third party provider, as they also want users to use their own native App too.

I don’t find the support page overly misleading, because the information is provided in the container with the sign-up link. It’s just how marketing is, these days.

Sonos are not making a claim to be able to play these ‘other’ audio sources, they’re just showing you what services/sources Deezer are able to provide, that’s if you sign up to their music service. It’s a bit of advertising for Deezer, if anything. That container on the page should perhaps not be taken out of context, but simply read in isolation. Had the background/container not been a different colour to the rest of the page, then I could perhaps understand the misunderstanding here. Maybe a defining border around the container would help, a little🤔?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Imo they (probably Deezer I think) should do some changes on the info page to avoid any misleading information. The page seems to be at very old information at all because there still are mentioned different subscriptions with and without HiFi. That has changed long time ago. Also funny that Deezer on the other hand changed the logo to the new one there but not within Sonos app. 😉