Answered

Deezer Hi Fi and Tidal Ending Tracks 10s Early

• 29 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello, I hope someone can help as this is driving me nuts.

A few days ago both Deezer Hi Fi and Tidal both stopped each track approx 10s early on each track. 
Apple Music doesn’t do it though.

So far, Sonos haven’t had the slightest idea despite 3 lengthy calls.

I’m using Connect with an outboard Ifi Signature Zen one Dac via co ax Prodac cable .

It doesn’t  do it if using within their own app bluetoothed so it’s not the streaming services I’d think . 
Kind regards 

Stephen

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 29 December 2022, 13:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

During the last few seconds of a playing track, Sonos fills its buffers with the next track

Your network connection, or Connect, is most probably having some difficulty. A system diagnostic report would reveal whether there’s packet loss, but only Sonos Support can assist with interpreting those reports.  

It could be the ‘Connect’ is faltering as it loads its buffers. I would try either wiring it to the LAN or even try a different wireless channel and see what happens with that. A reboot of the router is also worthwhile too.

Hello Ken, 

First of all a sincere thank you for taking time to try and help.

Thats interesting what you say about those final 10 seconds. 
It does it both wired and on all wireless channels I’m afraid . 
A reboot of everything hasn’t helped but a good call .

What’s interesting here though is why doesn’t Apple Music do it, which as far as I’m aware, streams at the same lossless bit rate as Deezer Hi Fi and Tidal (could be wrong) , that said, Apple Music doesn’t sound as good as Deezer Hi Fi . 
Thanks again Ken.

ps I submitted a diagnostic but it’s getting me nowhere and now of course folk are on hols I guess 

Hello Ken, 

First of all a sincere thank you for taking time to try and help.

Thats interesting what you say about those final 10 seconds. 
It does it both wired and on all wireless channels I’m afraid . 
A reboot of everything hasn’t helped but a good call .

What’s interesting here though is why doesn’t Apple Music do it, which as far as I’m aware, streams at the same lossless bit rate as Deezer Hi Fi and Tidal (could be wrong) , that said, Apple Music doesn’t sound as good as Deezer Hi Fi . 
Thanks again Ken.

ps I submitted a diagnostic but it’s getting me nowhere and now of course folk are on hols I guess 

If you have the diagnostic reference, then contact/chat to the Support Staff via this link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Hope you get to speak to someone..

By the way have you tried signing-out, removing/reinstalling the Apple Music service?