Skip to main content

Custom music services with the new Sonos app not visible

• 20 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I have created a custom music service for my Sonos system (via http://urlofsonoscomponent:1400/customsd.htm) to have access to a service that does not provide its own app yet. The service is still listed and accessible with the old desktop app (MacOs) but not with the new app on my phone (Android). Is this something that will also be added back in to the app like local library access?

4 replies

Userlevel 2

I hope so.  I am having the same problem with my custom service for NPRone.  Entered via MacOS app, but can’t be accessed via the new iOS controller unless it is started via MacOS controller.

I use a custom service to play music I have ripped from CD to OneDrive. Without this feature, Sonos is useless to me. I do not pay for any streaming services - I either buy the MP3 online and put it in OneDrive or buy and rip CDs. Currently I am using the Mac OS app which works.

iOS and Android apps both appear to be missing the function. 

Userlevel 2

I use a custom service to play music I have ripped from CD to OneDrive. Without this feature, Sonos is useless to me. I do not pay for any streaming services - I either buy the MP3 online and put it in OneDrive or buy and rip CDs. Currently I am using the Mac OS app which works.

iOS and Android apps both appear to be missing the function. 

I have recently discovered that SonoPhone (iOS) works with both NPRone and OneDrive custom services on Sonos.  The services need to be added via the Mac or PC portal/controller. 

Thank you. I will keep that in mind. I found it in the app store and it has recent updates which is promising. Hopefully Sonos will not do away with the sustome services all together