Answered

Crossfade skips every other song (20 secs) when using Spotify

Userlevel 3

Crossfade feature on Sonos when streaming Spotify works on every other song. It will play one song, crossfade correctly, then play the next song for 20 seconds and skip to the next song. That song will play in its entirety and crossfade correctly then skip the next song after about 20 seconds. I see this topic has been posted many times before with no resolution. Any help???

I use Sonos quite a bit and this feature helps the mood for events. I will need to switch to other services if this persist. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 24 August 2023, 11:16

View original

32 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jsimmy et al

We believe this issue to now be resolved with the most recent update (15.7). Please ensure your Sonos system is up to date.

If you still experience this issue, however, I’d encourage you get in touch with our technical support team to report as much. Thank you.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Maybe I’m missing something but this doesn’t seem to be fixed at all, I’m on 15.10 but its still disabled?

Spotify crossfade will work on Sonos if you play through Airplay.  Personally I find Airplay to be maddening.  So now I have 6 speakers, a dance party coming up...The Spotify interface is more dynamic to manage, but since the crossfade won’t work, I’m using the Sonos Controller. The crossfade is not really working, it goes in and out.   What exactly does it mean this mean? “f Spotify tracks are included in a SONOS Playlist, crossfade is successful.”

I’ve built all my playlists in Spotify, playing them from Sonos - should that mean the crossfade will work?

So much technology, so much limitation.  Any wisdoms?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Debbs500,

I’ve just tested on my system by playing a Spotify playlist through the Sonos app and crossfade is working for me after turning it on. The only time it didn’t work was when I skipped to the last five or so seconds of the song but leaving the playlist to run through without any interference from me didn’t have any issues with crossfade.

I’ve not seen the message about crossfade being successful before, but if you’re playing from the Sonos app then you shouldn’t have any issues. If you are, make sure that the Sonos app is updated through your relevant app store and that the Sonos system itself is updated through the Sonos app. As with Corry’s post above, if you’re still experience issues, please reach out to our support team.

I hope this helps!

I have undated to version 16.1 for both my Sosos Roam speaker as well as my 2 Gen 1 speakers .

I finally synced them all up and discovered that the CROSSFADE option will only work when using the Bluetooth feature on the Roam speaker only.

This is sooo disappointing to not be able to use the Spotify Music app with the Sonos CROSSFADE option.

Love everything about the Sonos product, but the inability to CROSSFADE when bumping a Spotify playlist is an party killer for sure!

COME ON MAN!

Is there any future hope or fix for this?

SOMEBODY PLEASE SAVE THE HOUSE DJ

This feature would be utilized and implemented by Spotify. The Sonos API already supports the data, you should be asking Spotify when they’ll be adding it. 

Crossfade works if you play a spotify playlist from Sonos. If you want to use Spotify with Sonos speakers and system, crossfade does not work. 

I understand that is an issue with Spotify, but it's a huge drag because the Sonos app is so archaic and not nearly as “dynamic,” as Spotify. 

As such, as the person wrote above, “save the house dj.”

To have 6 speakers throughout a space, and such a dodgy, glitchy interface, is just disproportionate and disappointing. 

I contacted the “Ceo,” email, but the response is not much of a response.  They don't seem to be bothered by this.