Answered

Corrupt Napster

• 9 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Multiple issues w Napster on Sonos app, mainly:

1. “No connection” error fairly often and without cause
  2.  “Favorites” list is filled with scores of nonsensical titles and artists (see screenshot). I have no idea how they got there. Even if I wanted to “unheart” a specific track it’s impossible since no such artist/song exists and obviously tapping it leads nowhere.
  3. Scrolling to bottom of a long list such as artist tracks, albums, etc, it spontaneously scrolls by itself again to very top.
  4. There is NO method I can find to fully clear the Favorites, My Songs, Albums, etc lists which by now are too long t manage.

What I have done, all not solving these issues:

Deleted then reinstalled Napster

Deleted data and cache of Sonos app

Tried Napster both signed in or out to my Sonos account

Logged to Napster web page but data there isn’t synced to the Sonos app, so no luck

Now, if Sonos is incapable, unwilling, or indifferent to fix a simple music app, then why offer Napster service in the first place and frustrate customers?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 9 December 2023, 07:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

A couple of suggestions.

First, try rebooting your router, followed by rebooting your Sonos device. That’s a full power cycle for each. 

Sonos does only report in the controller what they are sent by Napster, but it seems as though there is something interrupting the data between your speakers and Napster. 

So, if the above doesn’t change anything, you may want to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

#3 is a known issue in the Android Sonos app.

A couple of suggestions.

First, try rebooting your router, followed by rebooting your Sonos device. That’s a full power cycle for each. 

Sonos does only report in the controller what they are sent by Napster, but it seems as though there is something interrupting the data between your speakers and Napster. 

So, if the above doesn’t change anything, you may want to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Thanks for reply. No fix.Ordinarily I’d persist to solve problems like this,howevr the less I have to deal with Sonos support the better. Instead I cancelled the original Napster account and opened new one.  I’ll see if my situation recurs.

#3 is a known issue in the Android Sonos app.

“Known issue” is tech talk for, “Yeah, haha, not gonna fix that so stop complaining...”