Answered

controller other than phone app

• 22 December 2023
  • 5 replies

what kind of controller can I leave that works in my home when a visitor or house sitter is in home?  There used to be a Sonos controller that would only work in home and I could leave for a house sitter to use. 

icon

Best answer by jgatie 22 December 2023, 14:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

You can buy an inexpensive Android tablet and lock the screen to the Sonos app using SureLock Kiosk mode.

So if I use my Sonos app with Apple iPhones I can also use an Android device to control the house’s Sonos System?  Thanks for the answer, Phil 

Yes, up to 32 controllers, on any devices, can be connected. It’s up to you to control conflicts with different people choosing different music. Nothing is worse than two siblings both trying to control the music….

Thanks , what I don’t want to do is have my iPad used that’s unlocked that will allow access to every app I have my hope was a device that a house sitter ( or if and when I sell my house a realtor can use the system without draining my bank account lol ) my first Sonos system in the old days had a remote that only worked in the house and only with music services 

Another iPad, with only the Sonos app on it would work, too. Sonos used to make a dedicated remote control, but figured out that they were a speaker company, and got out of that area.