Answered

Continuous loss of BBC Sounds service

• 23 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

I use BBC sounds daily on our S1 system through the service and when listed it works very well however everyday I have to reconnect the service as it disappears from the service list. This also happens multiple times a day - if I mute and come back later the same day the same thing happens, the service disappears and I have to reconnect. 

Any ideas please?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 23 December 2022, 12:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello,

It isn’t normal for a music service to just disappear after being added.

I would first check that your address under your Sonos account online is correctly populated, especially with Country.

You mention “our” S1 system, who else has access to your system? Also, have you added other music services? Trying to establish if it’s only BBC Sounds or if it applies to any added music service.

Not sure what else you can really do, other than submit a system diagnostic the next time BBC Sounds disappears from the app, then contact Sonos Support to discuss. Hopefully they would be able to see something in the diagnostic that is causing this issue for you.

Badge

Thanks! Appreciate the reply. 

All addresses are correct. When I say our, I mean the family with a unit in almost every room. I only add bbc sounds not other services so not sure it is only that one. 

I will follow your advice and do a diagnostic. 

Thanks again. 

Thanks! Appreciate the reply. 

All addresses are correct. When I say our, I mean the family with a unit in almost every room. I only add bbc sounds not other services so not sure it is only that one. 

I will follow your advice and do a diagnostic. 

Thanks again. 

BBC Sounds is working fine within S1 App here and not seen any issues with the service disappearing etc. so it’s likely going to be something local.

Badge

So update… the issue is that my phone app “loses” the BBC Sounds service. The sonos system itself is connected as I can un mute a speaker and the station will play but open the app on my phone and I need to reinstall the service. 

I’ve updated software, iOS and rebooted my phone without success. I’ve not restarted the entire network.