Answered

Connection to Spotify was lost

On all iPhones and iPads in household, we have been getting error message “unable to play…connection to Spotify was lost.” All reboots reinstalls etc etc not working. Other music/podcast sources working fine.

Various searches show it is a frequent issue…what is Spotify doing about it? So frustrating!

Filled the house with expensive Sonos speakers that won’t play music. Kinda want to go back to CDs.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 20 January 2023, 10:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I suspect that this is the issue: Tips & Tricks - Resolving random issues impacting Sonos devices.. | Sonos Community

Thank you UKMedia, your IP explanation is good, but in my case, all other music/etc sources are working…it’s just Spotify. Perhaps Spotify has made changes and Sonos is not on top of it or the other way around. 

Compatibility, cooperation…or the lack thereof due to competition. I don’t think Sonos should become a  music service…they are a sound service. Or could be a sound service. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Spotify integration is not reporting any issues: Sonos Status

Can you try removing Spotify as a music source and readding.

Did that…no soap  

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I still suspect network issues as the cause, I'd try and reboot everything before we progress with other troubleshooting steps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @kmcdgross 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you’ve been unable to solve this issue, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Having the same issue. Beyond frustrating. No amount of troubleshooting fixes it.

Have same issue. However, I have discovered that it only related to my Spotify account. Using another account (my wife account) in either Sonos app or Spotify app on multiple same devices work gine. Using my Spotify account instead result in this error.

To make it even stranger, it's only my Sonos Roam it's not working on , the other speakers are ok.

Did either of you contact Sonos Support, as suggested by @Corry P above?

Genuinely the most frustrating thing. I’ve tried everything suggesting including setting up my whole system from scratch. It’s only Spotify that won’t play, literally every other music service is fine. Spotify won’t even connect to my system via Bluetooth. 

Have the same issue and only with Sonos playing Spotify.    My four Sonos Ports are on their own dedicated VLAN set with static IP address.  Connected to network that has two gateway switches  each with a  500Mbps fiber circuit connection doing load balancing.  

The challenge remains that unless you provide hard data to Sonos via the diagnostic process, and speak with them about it, those of us here in this community are still guessing, based on previous interactions with folks expressing the same, or similar symptoms.

And Sonos also has no control over the servers owned by Spotify, either, so if the issue is on Spotify’s side of the world, there’s not much that Sonos or this community can do for you.