Answered

Connecting to my Synology NAS

• 13 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi everyone, it’s been asked often, but I couldn’t find the answer. Since yesterday sonos can’t access my Synology NAS. “Access to the shared folder is denied - check the username and/or password.”

SMB1 is clicked, as is NTLMv1 authentication.

Using the controller S1, but same problem when accessing via windows pc. 

//NAS/music or \\NAS\music

//192.168.1.11/music (and also back-slashes), 

all don’t work and give me the same error message. 

Can anyone help?

Thanks! Amar

icon

Best answer by Corry P 16 May 2023, 11:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Amarcarni 

Thanks for your post!

Being unable to access your Synology NAS from your Windows PC suggests that the issue has nothing to do with your Sonos system - I suggest you contact Synology for support.

If you haven’t seen it already, the following thread may be of assistance:

If I misunderstood and your PC can connect to your Synology NAS, but you meant that the Sonos app on your PC cannot connect, then I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports, though I do recommend you follow the steps in the above linked-to thread first.

I hope this helps.

Note that Sonos accesses the NAS in a different manner than the PC does, because the access is from the speakers, not from the Sonos application running on your PC.