Answered

conflicting advice regarding upgrade to s2

• 20 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi,

I have decided to update my system to s2 and run the compatibility check which reports my Connect cannot be updated. I decided to create a separate system for my PlayBase & Beam but getting response  that they are both incompatible. Please advise

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 20 October 2023, 17:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

What is a “Playable”? Perhaps autocorrect has caught you?

A Beam is certainly S2 compatible, you should be checking on your account at www.Sonos.com to ensure that. If it’s showing there as not compatible, I would definitely be calling Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

Badge

Damn autocorrect, should read Playbase. Thanks for the heads up.

Heh. No worries, it’s something I need to keep an eye on too, and only miss about 50% of the time ;)

The PLAYBASE should also be S2 compatible, my previous recommendation stands….

Badge

Thank you. I am pleased to report I have successfully updated Playbase, Beam,  Play 3  and both my Play 1 speakers but only after a lot of faff. Factory reset all 5 items, uninstalled both S1 & S2 app on iPhone and added items 1 by 1 using ethernet cable. The downside is my Playbase is not reproducing 5:1 as both Play 1 speakers remain silent. I will probably open a new thread to resolve that problem

Might be quicker to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.