Answered

Compatibility Issue: Integration of New Music Streaming Service

• 6 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello everyone,

I'm encountering a compatibility issue while trying to integrate a new music streaming service into my Sonos system. I recently subscribed to a lesser-known music service called "HarmonyTunes," but I'm facing difficulties adding it to my Sonos app for playback through my speakers.

Issue Details:

1. Service Recognition: Despite HarmonyTunes being a relatively new music service, it claims to be compatible with Sonos systems. However, when I attempt to add it to my Sonos app as a music service, it doesn't show up in the available options for selection.

2. Error Messages: Whenever I try to manually add HarmonyTunes using the 'Add Music Services' section in the Sonos app, I encounter an error message stating, "Service not available at the moment. Please try again later." This occurs consistently, and I've attempted this process multiple times over the past few days without success.

3. Verified Account: I've ensured that my HarmonyTunes account is active and verified, and I can access it without any issues through the HarmonyTunes app on my mobile device and computer. However, the integration with Sonos remains problematic.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

1. I've restarted both my Sonos speakers and the router multiple times to refresh the network connections, hoping it would trigger the recognition of HarmonyTunes by the Sonos app.
  2. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the Sonos app on my smartphone, hoping that a fresh installation might resolve the issue, but unfortunately, it hasn't made any difference.
  3. Checked for Sonos system updates and made sure all devices are running the latest firmware versions.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem with integrating a new music service into their Sonos system? Any guidance or advice on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions.

icon

Best answer by controlav 6 January 2024, 23:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

This is a customer forum, and probably not the best place for these types of questions.  The developers portal has its own discussion forum.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The message “Service not available at the moment. Please try again later” seems to point to a problem that maybe the music service should address. Did you contact them?

The message “Service not available at the moment. Please try again later” seems to point to a problem that maybe the music service should address. Did you contact them?

Hello,

Thank you for your prompt response and suggestion. Yes, I've attempted to reach out to HarmonyTunes regarding the integration issue with Sonos. Unfortunately, I haven't received a conclusive solution from their support team yet.

I've contacted HarmonyTunes customer support via email and through their support portal on their website. They confirmed that HarmonyTunes is indeed designed to be compatible with Sonos systems and suggested that any issues might be related to the Sonos app itself.

Given that I've tried multiple troubleshooting steps on the Sonos side, including reinstallation, network refresh, and firmware checks, without success, I'm inclined to think there might be an underlying compatibility issue or technical glitch between the two systems.

Do you have any specific troubleshooting steps or recommendations that might help in such cases? I'm eager to resolve this music integration issue and start enjoying HarmonyTunes through my Sonos speakers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Your listed issue #1 and #2 are mutually exclusive, so I am confused.

Usually #1 occurs because the Sonos account is listed in the wrong country.

Nothing called Harmony shows on https://support.sonos.com/en-us/services

As a Sonos developer I can see the underlying services list, and nothing called Harmony is available in the USA for me.