Classical tracks skip before finished

• 5 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

In both the HD Radio Symphonies and Classical Concert Hall the track being played does not finish. It often skips to the next track. I’m paying a monthly subscription for this joy. Surely the technicians can create tracks with a two second pause between them?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

If your system is skipping the .flac audio is likely having buffering issues - often caused by Network/WiFi interference .. perhaps see if the following fixes the matter:

If running your Sonos system on your local WiFi then try setting the routers 2.4ghz band to a ‘fixed’ non-overlapping channel, either 1, 6 or 11. Try each one to see which perhaps proves to be the best signal for your environment (give them 30-40 minutes each, before testing another channel). If problems persist consider using the in-built SonosNet connection between Sonos devices, that’s assuming you have more than one. You can read about that in these two links:

Choosing between a wireless (WiFi) and wired (SonosNet) Setup

Switching a Sonos Household between wireless & wired mode & vice versa

Badge

Thanks. I will try this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Check you don’t have Crossfade enabled, that will deliberately truncate all playback.

Badge

Thanks. Not enabled but will explore it.

Thanks. Not enabled but will explore it.

Crossfade will switch itself off anyway a few seconds after enabling whilst playing a Sonos Radio channel, or so I believe, but always worth a check.