Answered

Certain Sirius Channels

• 29 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

For the past 3 days my sonos system can’t play certain Sirius XM channels, namely the news channels.  The music channels are fine.   What’s happening?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 3 April 2023, 15:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Do those channels show up as available in the Sonos controller? Have you updated both your speakers, and the controller? When you try to ‘play’ them, is there an error associated with the attempt, or do you get no feedback at all? Which specific news channels? Have you tried reauthorizing your account with SiriusXM? Are you using S1 or S2? Have you submitted a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and caledl Sonos Support to discuss it?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

The message is “unable to play the selected item”.   Sirius music stations work as usual and yes I have updated everything.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Twincaman 

We are aware of an issue whereby some SiriusXM channels are unable to play. There is currently no known workaround. We are investigating the issue, but have no ETA on a fix.

I hope this helps.

I am having this same issue - all of a sudden POTUS radio won't play at all "unable to play the selected item" - oddly, for me this is the only channel that won't play. Sadly, it's the only news channel I listen to. I just verified AP, CNN and NPR work :/ random...hoping for fix!