Answered

CBC Radio 1 broken since March 8

• 10 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

Typically my morning alarm has me waking up to CBC Radio One Vancouver, but since Monday morning I’ve been waking up to the Sonos chime which historically meant a problem on my local network but if you drill down into the CBC service within the Sonos app, none of the selections under CBC Radio One are currently available. The CBC Music On Air (CBC Radio 2) remain available. I’ve tried removing and re-adding this integration but to no avail. Does anyone know where to go to have this looked into? I don’t know who is responsible for this integration, Sonos or CBC? I’m assuming CBC made a change to their feeds for Radio One that hasn’t been updated within the Sonos integration. The specific radio station is still available via TuneIn which is my workaround for now.

icon

Best answer by Xander P 11 March 2021, 10:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

If you’ve rebooted your speakers and the router, then the issue would be on the server side, which is owned by the CBC. 

Broken for me also.  I usually listen to the Fredricton station.  No Radio One stations show up under the CBC Radio One section. Even before it stopped working altogether though there were issues with updating the show that was playing. And yes this is after the latest update - both the Sonos controller and the latest firmware update

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @ChrisMaki & @paulnodine, thanks for raising this with the Sonos Community!

I’m experiencing the same “No Selections Available" on my own system, so there seems to be something going on with the CBC Radio & Music service - I’ve let our engineering team know about this, so they’ll be able to look in to it.

In the meantime, I’d recommend using either TuneIn or MyTuner as a workaround - I’ll update this thread when I have any news to share :)

Me too, in Calgary. Thanks for looking into it and for the workaround, @Xander P !!! :hugging: