Skip to main content

So I can’t simply play music from a folder from my 5000$ computer.. Sonos can well and truly F $ R K OFF I will deposit this rubbish out the window and spend weeks advertising you cant play your own music on this junk. pay thousands for a full set up and error 913.

The feature will return next month. 

Here is the solution for Windows for the local library error bug with code (913), read the image from left to right.

I also cannot play my music library with the new update, and I get the 913 error when I try to add my library back. I have MacOS 14.4.1 (23E224). Is there any fix?

This is simply unacceptable; what is wrong with this company? They can’t even get the basics right.

i also cant play my music library with this stupid update and i get the 913 error when i try to add my library back i really do hope there is a fix to this stupid issue as i cant go without my music as i prefer music to tv.  SO SONOS PLEASE GET THIS ISSUE SORTED AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE AS I AM NOT THE ONLY PERSON HAVING THIS PROBLEM AND SONOS IS NORMALLY REALLY GOOD BUT THEY HAVE MESSED UP BIG TIME 

What a mess this company !

I am not able as well to access my own library on Mac OS and IOS as it was in the past with your bloody update. What do you expect to do ? Do we have to throw away your products ?

Thank you very much indeed nk32 - I followed your screenshot instructions on my laptop (OS = Windows) and it worked a treat first time. I was in despair and you rescued me - even though your screenshots are in French and my French is basic, your step-by-step guide was really clear and was perfect. Really appreciate your help and hope Sonos rewards you and folk like you.  

Here is the fix for a PC. It takes two minutes:

1. Find a music folder that you want to “share” with SONOS (i.e. navigate to the folder on the PC).
  2. Right click on the folder
  3. Select “Properties” from menu
  4. Select “Sharing” tab
  5. Click “Share...” button (opens “Network Access” window)
  6. Select your SONOS system from the pulldown menu in the center of the window.
  7. Click “Share” button at the bottom of the “Network Access” window 
  8. It took SONOS 10 minutes to add my library of 10K+ songs

“Select your SONOS system from the pulldown menu in the center of the window.”

I can’t find SONOS at this point in the step-by-step instructions.  Would you please guide me?

I see a Windows PC fix (don’t know if it worked)

Is there a fix for Mac OS

when i follow these instructions, the share button is greyed out.  I have verified that i have public, private, and network sharing on and I rebooted after turning some subset of those on.  But still the share button is greyed out.  Any advice?

Hello kgmaz . . . After I up-graded the Sonos app on my iMac (running Mac OS Sonoma 14.5) all I get is the 913 error code. 

still looking for a fix.  All worked fine befor the up-grade.

I’m using android on a samsung.  I can play my music library at the album level. Once I do to the artist or genre level… nothing.  What gives?

I have 9 Sonos One speakers that I bought expressly with the purpose of playing my own library of music I’ve collected over the past 50 years, digitally housed on my Mac.

Now, I have 9 doorstops.

We are hosting a family reunion over Memorial Day weekend. I had planned on using the speakers around our house for this multi-day event. Sonos just took away that ability.

Now, I have 9 doorstops.

This is pathetic. Chalk me up as another angry customer. Sonos better fix this, and fix this fast. 

Until then, I have 9 doorstops.

Really? This is the best answer? And in the meantime I won’t be able to play music from my own library like I used to do every day before this abominable update?

I have the app on an android phone and and iPad.  I have been able to get my library to play (more times than not, it’s still squirrely) on the iPad, but not on the Android.

I fixed mine in minutes!!!  I downloaded the sonosphone app from the app store for $3.99.  I now access my entire liberary withthe app and can play all my music on my Sonos 1.  When Sonos finally releases the fix for their app I will revert back, but I do not have to wait  for them to enjoy what took years of building my playlists.

You’re a genius, Scrubbrush!  Your fix worked for me on my Windows 10 operating system and with my Music Library on an external hard drive. Yay!

Spent 30 minutes waiting to chat, only to get incomplete information. I was told to remove smb 1.0, only to find out that my NAS requires this to be accessible by my laptop. It seems I need a new NAS that supports SMB 2.0 in order to configure my NAS and my music library to SONOS. Why on earth could they simply tell me this from the start? It seems what they have done is try to force users to streaming, but have received such backlash that they have changed their mind. Hence a new app release next month. I no longer trust these guys. Any new speaker purchases will not be Sonos, I’m afraid 

Agreed Audio-nut.  Sonos can fix this, but I chose Sonos over a system such as R PI at the time as it seemed easier and seemless.  I have since picked up a NAS and may move the controls over to Plex.  Sonos had the “courage” to move on from their core user base to pursue new products and customers.  It’s easier to keep a customer than to earn one.

Is there an eta as when the new app will have the option to have the volume out set to Fixed and pass through to work with "work with Sonos" compatible components as it was available with previous version of the app?

I attempted the fix above from good user Scrubrush but it did not work for me.   Is there another renedty?

I am very concerned when Sonos says a fix will be available “next month”.   Is that June (which is the next month when this problem surfaced) or is this Jully?

Thanks to all for the support

This sucks. I can’t my own music?  What am I living in communist Sonos?  

Another well-informed and intelligent contribution.  Thank you. 

As a well-informed and intelligent contributor, could you tell me the steps I should take to get my local library working again on the mac?

So you do an upgrade and can’t get it right I paid a premium for this and service is subpar.  Unacceptable customer service.  Walmart service 

That is your answer?  Great customer service and will be sending that to my network for your response Thank you