Skip to main content
Question

cant play content services on latest app release

• 23 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I’ve just upgraded to the latest version of the Sonos app, v80.05.04, but now I can play any content services!
I have 3 services connected including Deezer and BBC sounds, and I can search and select music or radio channels but whenever I actually try to select and play something from Deezer I get an error “something went wrong try again” but it never works.

if I select a BBC Sounds channel the play button spins for a while but then stops and nothing happens!

if I go to my music library and select tracks they will play, but if I do a system wide search and then pick something from my music library I get an error message with a link to check service status even  though it’s my local library and connects fine if I manually pick a track!

another pile of s**t from Sonos!
I used to be a major fan but after recent updates I’m getting close to giving up on a 8 speaker multoroom setup! 

1 reply

How many more of these comments before Sonos actually takes action? The last app update has been a disaster. Did they even tested it ? Likely to be case study on how a company goes down if they don’t fix it. I have 5 Sonos speakers and I am almost ready to throw them away.