Answered

Cant load music library

• 31 March 2024
  • 2 replies

I recently updated my apple software to Sonoma and Sonos dropped my music library.  When I try to reset the music library, it tells me sonos was denied access to the library.  I/ve had several session with Sonos techs and so far no luck.

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 1 April 2024, 16:19

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @tayars, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I found your troubleshooting case in our system and can see it’s still on-going, however looking at the notes on the case I do have a few suggestions for steps to try before you reach back out to support. 

Try this first:

• Click on the Apple Logo in the top-left corner of the desktop and select System Preferences.
  • Select Sharing and un-check the box for File Sharing.
  • Try re-adding or re-indexing your Music Library

If those steps don’t help, then try the following to manually add :

• Follow the steps above until you are in Sharing
  • Re-check the box for File Sharing
  • Click the “+” symbol to add a share and select the folder where your music is stored.
  • Confirm the user list includes “everyone”, and that “everyone” has the Read Only permission at minimum (change this from “No Access” if needed)
  • Confirm your user profile is set to “Read & Write”
  • Click the Options button and ensure that both boxes for SMB and your user profile are checked.

After following the steps above, try to re-add or re-index your library in the Sonos app again. 

If these steps don’t help resolve the issue for you, then I would suggest you reach back out to support to continue your on-going troubleshooting case. When you reach out, make sure to give the agent you speak with your case number or your email so they can continue with your existing case, rather than start over.

I hope this information helps!

Jamie

Both of your suggestions are similar to what the tech team previously tried.  That being said I tried them again and got the following:

1st suggest-message was-tatars refused to let Sonos connect.

2nd suggestion-message said unable to add the shared library //tayars/music to your music library (1002)

Thanks for reaching out.

Tom