Skip to main content
Answered

Cant find speakers in Sonos app but i can find them in spotify app?

• 24 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi all!

I have à problem with my sonos setup.

when I install it every room can be find, and I can group them in my sonos app (S1)

I only use spotify to play music in my speakers.

but after awhile they will dissepear from the sonos app.

I can still find them in Spotify app. But nowhere to be found in the sonos app.

As u can see in the pictures its the ”WC +2” speakers that dissepear from the sonos app.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @fgustafsson83, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’ve had a look into your system and can see that all your devices have cloud connections, which means they’re online. Why they don’t show in the Sonos app is likely network related in this case, as dropped rooms are caused by the device being offline or the Sonos app not seeing the speakers. This can happen if your controller and speakers are on different network access points or wireless bands.

I would recommend you follow these steps while this is happening before any network adjustments are made:

1. Physically locate the missing product and make note of what the LED status light is currently doing.
  2. Attempt a simple button press, i.e. press the play/pause button. Note if and how the LED responds. Check the LED against the article linked above.
  3. If the LED is white, or flashes orange then turns off, attempt to add the device using the Find Missing Products option which is found under Settings > System > Find Missing Products.
  4. Reboot the device by powering it off for 30s then back on. Check the Sonos app after the device’s LED is solid white.
  5. Wire the device directly to your router and check if it comes online in the Sonos app.

If any of the steps above resolve the problem, please let me know. However, if the problem continues after these steps, I would suggest you reach out to our support team for further assistance, as they have the tools necessary to troubleshoot this issue with you.

I hope this helps!

Hi Jamie!

Thanks for the reply.

The problem is that it happens so freqently that it makes my sonos speaker useless. No problem to get em back in the sonos app. Do a hard reboot on everything then the speaker will appear in the sonos app again. But if that dont help I just leave for a day and it will show up again.

It dosnt matter if I use wire or wireless. The same problem. (I have most of my speaker connected with wires)

But the thing that buggers me is that the speaker or group of speakers can be found in the spotify app but not in the sonos app.

I have to use the sonos app to ungroup and group speakers, otherwise i would just use the spotify app I wouldnt bother with it.

So the question is not how I get my speakers back, more of why can my speakers be found in spotify? And not in sonos app?

Thanks in advance

What did the support team say when you reached out to them?

Same copy paste answear as the one above, 

Noticed something strange again this morning. On my phone (IPhone) in the sonos S1 app i could find all of my speakers. 

But on my Tab (Samsung) one of my speakers is missing.

If you have a mesh network, that’d be a good indication that the mesh is creating different subnets, and the Samsung was connected to a subnet that the Sonos was not on, but the Apple is connected to the same subnet as the speakers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @fgustafsson83,

I can’t say I know how the Spotify API locates devices to play to through Spotify Connect, but the controller the Sonos app is on must be on the same subnet as your speakers, otherwise it may not see all your devices.

As Bruce suggested, if you have a mesh network, it is likely creating different subnets where the controller and speakers can’t see each other. Since your iPhone could see all your speakers, but your Samsung tablet was missing one, this is likely the case. 

This will also be the case if you have any additional networking equipment such as extenders or multiple access points. If you can provide us with information on you network topology, such as makes, models, and how it connects, we can have a better look into what could be causing the issue.

I would also suggest you submit a diagnostics and reply here with the confirmation number. As you have two controllers, one diagnostics from each while the issue is occurring can greatly help in narrowing down the problem, especially if one controller has access to all speakers while the other is missing some.

Having the Same Problem,  Speakers Appear on my Music App but Not Sonos, for me I did Notice the 6 Products that are Missing are Only S1 App compatible and the Move is S1/2 Compatible.

I've got a ROAM that's just a Paperweight as to get that Online I've to Remove the 6 S1 products to then Set that Up the ROAM , someone's getting the ROAM for Xmas.

One of my Missing 6 is Permanently in a Router , so No Reason for that to Drop Out.

Followed the Guide Still Nothing.

Yesterday just to Really Annoy Me the Move is Visible but Won't Connect.

No Mesh System , No Need for One, Truth be Told I Set One Up , Made No Difference to the Strength of Signal in the Garden where I Wanted the 'Boost'

If Sonos gave those Whom been Using Sonos for 10 or So years a Bigger Discount on Products May Upgrade.

Went of in a Tangent there ....Sorry

Spent Hours / Days on System Glitches this Past 2 Years this is Hitting Yet Another Nail into a Coffin