Answered

Cant connect to music services from Sonos app.

• 27 November 2022
  • 10 replies

I have been using the Sonos app with Pandora, Amazon, and Sirius music services for a long time. Recently. I cannot connect to the services via the Sonos app. I receive an error message “Unable to browse music there was a problem connecting to [music service].”  Has anyone run into this issue?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 27 November 2022, 17:13

View original

10 replies

This is most likely due to a local issue with your speakers being unable to reach out past your router to reach the streaming services. 

Try a local network refresh by unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then power cycling your router. Give the router a couple of minutes to reboot before plugging back in your Sonos devices. Give them a couple of minutes to reconnect, too, before testing. 

Sonos radio stations have disappeared from my Sonos app and error message stating unable to browse music. I've tried reinstalling and rebooting both the wifi router and the Sonos app and to no avail on both sides. What is going on? I enjoy 80s Blast and Heatwave and now nothing for Sonos radio stations shows up at all! Ugh!

You may be halfway there. Rebooting the router is a good thing, but rebooting the controller isn’t likely to help, you should be rebooting the Sonos devices, by power cycling them. 

I have a similar problem on the S2 controller on a Windows 11 PC.  I can connect to Sonos Radio, Amazon Music, Spotify, and TuneIn, but not iHeartRadio, Plex, Pandora, or AccuRadio.  The ones I can’t connect to tell me “Unable to browse music” and attempts to reauthorize tell me to check the network connection.  The controller on another Windows 11 computer and all the mobile devices on the house’s LAN access all these services fine.  It’s just the one PC, which worked until recently.

Duplicated in new thread here:

I have been using the Sonos app with Pandora, Amazon, and Sirius music services for a long time. Recently. I cannot connect to the services via the Sonos app. I receive an error message “Unable to browse music there was a problem connecting to [music service].”  Has anyone run into this issue?

I have the same problem with the Sonos 2 app on 1 of my Windows computers. It routinely throws the same error for ALL of my streaming services, while a little circle spins in the upper-right corner. After re-starting the app, it works for a couple of minutes, and then gets stupid again. I have tried re-authorizing all the streaming services, and uninstalling and re-installing the app to no avail. Sonos 2 works fine on all the other PC’s, Macs and iPhones in my house. What should I do???

Thanks to everyone for the tips. Unfortunately nothing has worked and I still get the message that the function (adding new services) is temporarily Unavailable. I would like to listen to music, but it's kind of hard to when I don't have access to my streaming service. Any other ideas?

Clearly, there is something going on that we are missing. My guess is some sort of VPN blocking the speakers from reaching out to Sonos, but it’s hard to tell.

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Clearly, there is something going on that we are missing. My guess is some sort of VPN blocking the speakers from reaching out to Sonos, but it’s hard to tell.

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

You could also try my Windows app (see profile) and I can take a look at the diagnostics if you use the “help via email” option in the app.

My problem is the same as all above.  Pandora and Sirius were running fine until I got a message that I needed to reauthorize Sonos for Sirius.  I attempted to so many times (a zillion times) but Sonos will not connect.  Likewise with Pandora.