Answered

cant connect my devices after switching network

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I just connected a new mesh router, basically switching network and the Sonos app (S2) finds the device (amp and Sonos one) and after going through the clicking on the back button, the app will say that it couldn't find the device. Not sure how it found it when I started the process but couldn't complete the setup.

Any ideas?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Migo33 1 March 2023, 11:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Have you rebooted everything on your network after replacing the router?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Yes. However I had to manually enter a DNS to the router due to constant drop offs. Not sure it has anything to to with this issue. 

Which mesh network are you using?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

TP Link Deco (E4).

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Seems to work now. I left home and when I got back the Sonos app found and setup the speakers.

Hi - Im in South Africa.  We replaced the old standard Router with a mesh router - an ASUS 1500 Dual Band router.  Other things connect well but not the SONOS systems.  I have tried several times starting with one SONOS after the other (we have 3) but it tells me all the time that it cannot connect to the SONOS network.  

Looking forward to your advice,

Stefan

Asus has long been known to be somewhat troublesome in some of their routers, as indicated by the FAQ. Have you disabled Airtime fairness on the device? Have you tried setting up your system in a wired configuration?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Migo33 

Thanks for your post!

If the issue ever comes back, then it may be that you have two DHCP servers on your network (they hand out IP addresses to client devices connecting to the network, and you only want there to be one).

My article should help you fix the problem (Mesh Networks section):

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Bergabo 

If you’re still having trouble, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.