Skip to main content
Question

Cannot Group Era 300 Line In to other rooms

• 5 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Within the last week (assuming since updating to 80.02.04) I’m unable to group other Rooms to my Era 300 line-source.  This behavior exists on both 300’s I have.  When trying to physically group, or add from the app, the music from the input speaker drops and the other speaker tries to connect and eventually fails.  The app displays ‘Unable to connect.  try again later’ error.  The music returns to the input speaker when the failure occurs.  I have tried increasing audio delay and this behavior works on both WiFi and Ethernet connected speakers.  I’ve confirmed this is not due to a loss of WAN (which shouldn’t affect this kind of playback, but seems like it will with new architecture) and all speaker connectivity is approximately -50 dBm or connected via Ethernet.

This is new—frustrating—behavior with no change in my network settings/configs.  Anybody seeing similar connectivity, or lack thereof?  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Same here, did you manage to find a fix?

I have the same problem with one of my era 100’s it's only three days old but won’t connect . feels like a hardware problem

I have the same problems; it is very tedious. Since I bought the Era Speaker, I can no longer group them correctly. I can control them individually, and they sound good individually, but when I want to group them, it doesn't work.

Hi bizarrely, it seems to have  resolved itself, leading me to wonder whether it’s a network problem or most likely a problem with the new app .Ill post if it reoccurs but appears to be stable