Answered

Cannot find Tidal Music Service

• 12 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi, 

I've spent a fair while searching and can't find a solution to this.

I've just purchased a Sonos 100 for listening to music from tidal at home.

In the android app I go to add the tidal music service, but tidal isn't in the list.

I've tried casting from the tidal app to the speaker, but this doesn't work. My googling says this is because I need to add the tidal music service first?

Is anyone able to help please? 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 13 June 2023, 00:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

First, go to www.Sonos.com, and log in to your account. Check and see if indeed the address is set correctly. Sonos uses this as a filter to deal with what they show you in the controller when you ‘add a service’.

If that doesn’t work, it would be very helpful to have more information, what Sonos devices you have, which controller you’re running, if you’re running a VPN, virus protection, or other port blocking software, or even a company based setup. 

Finally, you may want to skip the slower back and forth as we ask questions to determine what the possible issue is, and just call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

First, go to www.Sonos.com, and log in to your account. Check and see if indeed the address is set correctly. Sonos uses this as a filter to deal with what they show you in the controller when you ‘add a service’.

If that doesn’t work, it would be very helpful to have more information, what Sonos devices you have, which controller you’re running, if you’re running a VPN, virus protection, or other port blocking software, or even a company based setup. 

Finally, you may want to skip the slower back and forth as we ask questions to determine what the possible issue is, and just call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

Hi Bruce, 

Thank you for your reply. My region was set to USA, rather than UK. I've updated this, but seen no update in the music services yet. 

Ill try calling sonos support in the next few days, when I'm home before they close. 

Thanks again 😊

​​

While we all love to think computers are instantaneous, I do think the ‘update the address’ process is on some sort of chron job, so I’d wait a bit before declaring a fail on that…say 24 hours. 

And I’d think US or UK shouldn’t have made any difference.

Keep me posted when you talk with support. If it’s something I’ve not thought of, I’m always open to learning something new. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

iOS or Android:

1. Using the Sonos app, tap Settings > Services & Voice.

2. Under Music & Content, tap Add a Service.

3. Tap the service you would like to add.

4. Tap Add to Sonos.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to add the music service account.

Problem resolved. It was my profile  being configured to the wrong region. Thank you all.