Answered

Cannot browse SiriusXM service on the PC App.

I am “Unable to browse music” on my Sirius XM service after updating the Sonos Controller for PC to version 12.1, Sonos OS S2, Build 60381140, Sonos ID  110830380.  I CAN play SiriusXM stations that I had previously stored in my SONOS Favorites.  Also, Sonos Radio, Amazon Music and Tunein Services all work as they should.  I did delete the SiriusXM service and the Add it back in, which had no effect, I continue to be unable to browse Sirius XM.  My PC runs the most recent version of Windows 10.

And….. I CAN browse my SiriusXM account on my cell phone using SONOS Android APP which appears to use the same version, OS, Build and ID stated above.  

Please let me know if I need to do anything to help reestablish browsing of my SiriusXM service via the Sonos PC App.  I suspect there is a bug in the PC APP.

Stay well,

Mike Katzaman

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 October 2020, 22:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Dutchman5898.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue, let me help and try to figure this out.

Please ensure that the computer is connected to the same network where your Sonos system was set.

Let us verify your SiriusXM internet streaming credentials.

• Using your computer, please log in to the internet streaming website of SiriusXM: https://player.siriusxm.com/
  • If you are already logged in automatically, please sign out and log in again.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.

I am not the original poster but I have the same problem.  And of course no one at Sonos answers.

I’m confused. The post directly before yours is a post from a Sonos rep attempting to help. How is this “ And of course no one at Sonos answers.“?

Bruce

1. When I said “of course no one at Sonos answers” I was speaking about the fact that there is no phone support at SONOS right now.
  2. The answer you attach above is not an answer to my post.  It does appear to be someone with the same problem.  I went to the site indicated and am in fact able to stream Sirius to my computer.
  3. That being said I am still unable to get my SONOS system to stream Sirius stations.  

Still looking for a solution.  Please provide any helpful suggestions.

Mike

Its the weekend, I’m somewhat unsurprised that no one at Sonos answers the phone right now, they’re fairly clear on the website that the phones are open Monday through Friday.

Unfortunately, similar symptoms do not necessarily indicate similar causes. In your case, I’d try several things. 

First would be a refresh of your network. unplug all your Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in your Sonos devices. This is kind of a catch-all answer, and can resolve multiple issues, but is always possible not to resolve your issue. 

Second, I’d try completely removing SiriusXM from your Sonos, then reboot the controller, and add it back in. I’ve seen this work for some users, and not for others, so again it’s not the silver bullet answer.

Third, if neither of the above works for your system, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of trying to play/connect to a SiriusXM station, and either post the number here, since they have reps working on weekends in the forums, or call Sonos Support  on Monday to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

I had already done 1 and 2.  Been busy under a kitchen sink this afternoon.  I will try 3 tomorrow.

Thanks

Mike

I placed the original post about this SiriusXM issue….  The day after making that post, the issue kinda resolve itself.   And…. SiriusXM browsing has worked fine since then.  I could not identify unique activity that occurred over my network, Sonos Controller, SiriusXM account, nor PC that had not occurred the previous few days.    It just works now

Thanks for the time you all took to respond to my post.

Stay safe.    

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Thanks to @Airgetlam for helping out.

Hi @mjaygoodman.

Thanks for your response.

If the above advice was followed and the issue persists, please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app and provide us with the confirmation number,

so I can see if there’s anything else causing this issue.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know, we’d be glad to help.

Hi @Dutchman5898.

Thanks for the response and update.

It’s good to know that it’s already working fine now.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Before I initiated step #3 the functionality of sirius on SONOS returned.  I don’t know whether SONOS or Sirius solved it.  But it is resolved.

Mike G

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @mjaygoodman.

Thanks for your immediate response.

It’s good to know that the functionality has returned and the issue was now resolved.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

Cheers!

I am facing the same problem ‘unable to browse music’ on Sonos controllers on Win10, iOS 14 devices and Fire HD 10.

Strangely it works with Alexa ie ‘Alexa play SiriusXM Hits 1 on <Sonos speaker name>’ sends music to the selected <Sonos speaker name>.  

Could this point to a random issue with the controller?

So far I have done the following without success:

1. deleted app on iOS14 device and installed it
  2. logged out of SiriusXM service on iOS 14 device and logged in again
  3. removed SiriusXM service (via iOS 14 device) and added it, then logged in successfully.

Is there anything else I should do other than following Dutchman5898’s suggestion of a complete power-down and reboot of router and Sonos speakers? (i will be able to do this only later in the week when no one else at home is using the network).

Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @ds0099.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate your effort in doing the suggested steps above, I’d be glad to assist you further.

Typically, a "browse failure" occurs on the controller side and takes place before the Sonos player has received playback commands.

If the above advice on this thread was followed and it doesn’t help, please submit a diagnostic report from the affected controller and reply with the confirmation number so we can review your system and see if there is anything that could be preventing this playback.

Alternatively, you may reach out to Sonos Support so they can take a closer look at this and discuss with you the result of the diagnostic in real-time. I suggest our phone support for they have more resources available on their system for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case, there can be an advantage if they need to remote into the controller to see what's going on.

When calling, you can help us by also having a Mac or Windows computer available so we have the option to perform any hands-on troubleshooting and testing as needed.

​If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know, we’re always here to help.

Hi @Annazel S 

Thanks for your reply.

i have submitted diagnostic #1583049302.

A further update:  SiriusXM service is now accessible with all of my Sonos controllers.  I did not do anything specific to get it to work.  Here’s a diagnostic which I have just taken following the resumption of the service:  #375993126.  Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @ds0099.

Thanks for your response and update. I appreciate your effort in submitting the diagnostics.

Upon checking on the initial diagnostic report, the system detected a sync error that often results in audio interruptions.

This situation is commonly caused by wireless interference and for future reference, this article will help you

reduce wireless interference around your Sonos products. 

I’m glad to hear though that the issue is resolved now, and that also reflects on the newest diagnostic result. 

The sync error is no longer showing and most importantly, no more issues detected on the system as of the moment.

I’m looking forward to the continuous working of the service, and if you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Cheers!