Cannot add Sonos Radio service

• 10 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Suddenly Sonos radio stopped working: … the associated service account was not found in your Sonos system. Logged out and in. Removed and added Sonos Radio. Same problem. Updated the app and the Sonos software. Same problem. Removed Sonos radio, and tried to add it again. Now that doesn’t even work. Clicking “I already have an account”, result:error, problem authorizing your account. Clicking “I’m new to Sonos radio”/“create account”. Result: no result was found for this page (browser).

Yet another problem with Sonos...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I had the same issue earlier.

I raised a support ticket along with diagnostics. The initial reply suggested changing the wi-fi channel, but I don’t think this had anything to do with the problem as other sources played without problems. Changing channels made no difference so I moved my router back to the original wi-fi channel (1).

I pointed out to support that others on the community forum were reporting exactly the same error so in my opinion it was an upstream issue.

Sonos Radio started working again about a couple of hours ago. I am still awaiting a response from the support team as to what the root cause was. 

I have the identical problem. Have been using Sonos Radio for some years and suddenly it required re-authorization. Unable to even enter a username or password, just keep getting error, problem authorizing your account.

Wonder if there’s something going on due to the legal issues TuneIn is having. I’m pretty sure Sonos uses some TuneIn streams to feed Sonos radio. Perhaps it was a poor attempt to disassociate. Pure conjecture on my part.